PDA

View Full Version : Sony working on direct-to-PSP download store

wraggster
December 6th, 2007, 17:59
Now that PSP owners in the US can finally access the Playstation store without a PS3, it looks like Sony's getting ready to take the next logical step and cut the computer out of the equation as well. Speaking to MTV's Multiplayer blog, Playstation Network operations chief Eric Lempel said PSP downloads were "Something we're thinking about. With the capability of the PSP it's something that should be possible...it's just a matter of priorities and some technology that we need to make it all work right and make sure the content is delivered securely, just to protect some of our [intellectual properties]." Lempel went on to say that Sony is also working on and iTunes-like syncing functionality for the PSP, and that Mac support will be forthcoming. All in all, it seems like interesting times are ahead for Sony's newly-revived little gamer.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/06/sony-working-on-direct-to-psp-download-store/

Buddy4point0
December 6th, 2007, 19:55
finally.
i probably wont use this because i can rip my own isos, make them into csos, ect.
but still good for non-custom firmware users

Lodis
December 7th, 2007, 00:26
None of this interests me at all. As far as I am concerned it is all too little too late.

Shadowblind
December 7th, 2007, 00:32
That sounds like an easy lead to piracy. Does Sony think these things through all the way?

onetwentyeight
December 7th, 2007, 14:37
some of the tech has been there for years. i was quite amazed while on vacation once when i was able to log into the official psp website through the psp browser and download a playable demo of locoroco directly to my psp and play it immediately. add a more secure login and device specific keys and you're there.