PDA

View Full Version : Just How White Does Tide Get Your Consoles?

Shrygue
December 6th, 2007, 18:44
via Gizmodo (Just How White Does Tide Get Your Consoles?)

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/12/img2848zf7.jpg

Our friends over at Kotaku did an interesting whiteness comparison between the Wii, 360 and the newest PS3. Reminding us of one of those teeth-whitening before and afters you see around midnight on every channel, the PS3 dominates the (competition?) with absolutely stunning, pearly whiteness. The Wii holds its own with a solid, "standard" white. But the Xbox 360? That one's a smoker. Because next to the other consoles, it's looking gray...which is odd, because I'd describe their "black" Elite as a bit gray as well.

pibs
December 6th, 2007, 21:28
wow that ps3 is bright! dust is less visible on the 360 though(well actually im not sure since i own a black ps3). that ps3 reminds me of new white shoes and not wearing them in fear of getting them dirty.

Sp3ct0r
December 6th, 2007, 23:04
maybe sony kills elephants and uses the ivory to make PS3's lol

Duobix
December 6th, 2007, 23:07
Hmm. Why don't compare them to Dreamcast? <lol> I don't know why but everytime I see x360 It looks like some cheap box of sweets. The white PS3 is similar to fridige, and Wii is looking a lot of a star-wars gun.

kcajblue
December 7th, 2007, 00:00
i guess white is the standard now.

itll change eventually.

Shadowblind
December 7th, 2007, 00:16
Last gen everything was black since the PS2 was black. Now since the 360 is white everything is white. What other monochromatic color will the next gen console be?

lightningquickguy14
December 7th, 2007, 00:55
Egg shell white.

DarthPaul
December 7th, 2007, 01:02
Would be cool if they put the White PSP and DS Lite in the picture. But oh well...

And those three look very nice.

Junixx
December 7th, 2007, 03:25
Last gen everything was black since the PS2 was black. Now since the 360 is white everything is white. What other monochromatic color will the next gen console be?

Back to silver/grey! :rofl:

mike_jmg
December 7th, 2007, 04:36
I don't like the white PS3, looks kind of cheap

you can't go wrong with black

Napalm-Death
December 7th, 2007, 04:53
I love that white PS3, and the DS3 even more.

kcajblue
December 7th, 2007, 04:59
Back to silver/grey! :rofl:those were the days.
everything was so simple.

dark heart
December 7th, 2007, 06:30
wow! this is so interesting! ;)

bah
December 7th, 2007, 06:32
Which days?

My fist TV had that wood-look thin vinyl(?) laminated over chipboard type wood as its construction, got it from my grandmother.

Next TV was silver plastic with black trimming, the National (they used to use that brand instead of Panasonic at that time for whatever reason) VCR I had at the time was all silver. That was my parents old stuff from the early 80s.

Next was an all black TEAC TV and all black JVC VCR in the mid 90s.

Then finally the cheap-as-shit 'magnavox' (mmm, badge engineering) TV I bought in 2002 or so is all silver.

These days CRTs are dead but most TVs are black again but quite a lot of DVD players are silver I guess.

Its almost like music or fashion or something. Last decade is old hat and boring, 2 decades ago is 'retro' and cool again.
I was born in 83 and don't remember much of the 80s other than the early 90s remnants of it, but in the 90s the 70s era was cool and influenced music/fashion. In the 00s it seems the 80s is cool again with big crappy sunglasses and more terrible electronic pop music from untalented people in the charts.

Slightly more on topic, unless you live in a milk bar (http://www.phinnweb.org/links/cinema/directors/kubrick/clockworkorange/korova/), then black normally blends in better with an entertainment unit. You don't want your eye drawn away from the screen by anything that really stands out placed right next to it.

Dickhead
December 7th, 2007, 20:07
Yeah bring back the old retro look. They could stick a PS3 in a Atari 2600 wooden case ! that would be cool.

Prasoc
December 7th, 2007, 20:16
for modern-ish rooms, white looks right in place there, and black stands out a bit. personally, i think white looks best, but i hve an elite and a black slim and lite, black isnt out of fashion yet lol

Jonesyxxiv
December 8th, 2007, 02:03
I think the White PS3 is sexy. I kind of wish i got that instead of the black one (plus it would match my Wii).

JPJunkie
December 8th, 2007, 13:21
I kinda like the white PS3