PDA

View Full Version : Jak and Daxter a definite possibility for the PS3

Triv1um
December 7th, 2007, 13:21
Via Virgin Media (http://www.virginmedia.com/games/gamingnews/news-story.php?storyid=17526635)

Future Naughty Dog developments likely to use enhanced Uncharted game engine.

Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells has revealed to Three Speech (http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=766) that the game engine used to create the excellent PlayStation 3 action adventure Uncharted will likely be used for all the developer's future PS3 titles - obviously with some enhancements.

"We will most definitely continue to build on the Uncharted code base with all of our future titles for the PlayStation 3," said Wells. "We have a lot of very sophisticated systems that are general purpose and could be used for a wide variety of genres. It's very exciting to think what we can do with this tech now that it's in place and we can focus on accomplishing something even more ambitious."

It's two very specific future projects that are on the wish lists of most gamers; an Uncharted sequel and a new title in the Jak and Daxter franchise - both of which are very likely for the future.

"We developed Uncharted as a franchise. The pulp action/adventure genre lends itself perfectly to serialization and continued episodes which is one of the reasons we were attracted to it. Right now we are brainstorming on what Naughty Dog's next project will be, but even if we don't do an Uncharted sequel right away, you can pretty much count on us doing one in the near future," explained Wells. "... Jak and Daxter is a definite possibility some time in the future. There is a lot of interest around the office in going back to that franchise and seeing what we could do with it using the Uncharted engine."

JKKDARK
December 7th, 2007, 13:59
please port it to 360 :)

lmtlmt
December 7th, 2007, 14:04
Now that is one thing anybody can be 100% sure on not happening JKKDARK

DPyro
December 7th, 2007, 15:46
:rofl: Port it to 360, ya Sonys gonna port it to 360 :rofl:

Accordion
December 7th, 2007, 17:02
Well Uncharted is sold out on GAME.co.uk. I have my copy, but it is for christmas.

I'm unsure about a return to Jak, it is an old concept, Rubin, Gavin has left. Move on to bigger and better things.