PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 demo out "early 2008"

Shrygue
December 7th, 2007, 19:10
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177160)

The promised PS3 and Xbox 360 Devil May Cry 4 demo will be out in early 2008.

"Fully demonstrating the power of the next generation of consoles, the Devil May Cry 4 demo brings to life the coastal city of Fortuna and its surroundings, such as the port and snow-capped mountain ranges in exquisite detail", Capcom has said.

It's added that the demo consists of a sampling of sections from the full game which have been chosen "to showcase Devil May Cry 4's varied locales and allows gamers to familiarize themselves with Nero's unique abilities".

"Players will receive instruction on the various new actions that the Devil Bringer bestows, such as the ability to slam creatures to the ground, cover great distances in a single bound or even grab enemies while on the ground or in the air and pull them towards Nero to continue the attack combo."

It'll also allow players to get a handle on the Exceed system which allows Nero to "rev up" his sword - as if it were a motorbike, apparently - and unleash monster attacks.

"Players will need to master all these techniques before the end of demo showdown with the mighty Berial."

35 screenshots to be seen right here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=188834)

JKKDARK
December 7th, 2007, 21:36
Nice, the 360 version is all we want.

Accordion
December 7th, 2007, 23:00
Nice, the 360 version is all we want.

the screen tearing, low framerate, poor controls 360 version…

Gold Line
December 7th, 2007, 23:06
the screen tearing, low framerate, poor controls 360 version…

the version witch will sell more

DPyro
December 7th, 2007, 23:27

Says who? Statically speaking, any game thats been a Sony exclusive has still sold more.

JKKDARK
December 8th, 2007, 00:22
Says who? Statically speaking, any game thats been a Sony exclusive has still sold more.

Which console sold more? Xbox 360.

Enough said.

F9zDark
December 8th, 2007, 01:08
Which console sold more? Xbox 360.

Enough said.

That doesn't mean much, except for that mathematically speaking, the console with more of an install base should, theoretically, have a higher number of sales for the same game on another platform.

However, Germany and Spain has proven this wrong with Assassin's Creed, with the PS3 version topping the 360 version in sales.

So yeah...

Gold Line
December 8th, 2007, 01:22
That doesn't mean much, except for that mathematically speaking, the console with more of an install base should, theoretically, have a higher number of sales for the same game on another platform.

However, Germany and Spain has proven this wrong with Assassin's Creed, with the PS3 version topping the 360 version in sales.

So yeah...

theres more chance of the 360 ver selling more because theres more 360 owners.

Shadowblind
December 8th, 2007, 01:27

Really?

As far as I've seen 360 exclusives, i.e. Halo 3, gears of War, Bioshock, mass Effect all sold over 1 million in the first 2 weeks.
P.S. Halo 3 sold 1.5 million copies in the first day. Sony exclusives always sell that much in the first 10 seconds, right?

And then For the UK, US, and every other European country the 360 version of Assassin's Creed has outsold the PS3 version.

F9zDark
December 8th, 2007, 01:32
theres more chance of the 360 ver selling more because theres more 360 owners.

I didn't say that wasn't possible or in fact a part of reality. But, at least with Assassin's Creed, this has not been the case in two countries that I have seen the Top 10 lists for (at least as of November 27).

Point is, don't simply fall back on the fact that the 360 sold more as a reason that a game may sell better on one system when compared to another. Mathematically, it should. But there are other factors that go into play here.

Hell Halo 3 could be part of the reason why Assassin's Creed on the PS3 has sold more than the 360 version. Everyone's too busy playing Halo 3 to buy a new game.

DPyro
December 8th, 2007, 02:46
What I was saying was, that all the Sony exclusives that have had a version later released have sold lousy - ie. the ports.

Accordion
December 9th, 2007, 13:40

Why would I care which version sells more.

Baboon
December 9th, 2007, 14:13
I guess this game makes a change in that the frame rates are going to better on the Port Station 3 compared to the 360 for the same title? lol