PDA

View Full Version : A PSO Character Transfer Question

TheGrandPubaa
December 8th, 2007, 22:31
I'm just wondering if there is any way to transfer character data from the Xbox version of PSO to the Gamecube version, or perhaps vice versa. Has anybody ever done this or know of some way it could work?

...To be honest, the GC version plays far superior, due to the different way in which the analog control scheme is handled(much more flexibility in movement). I've got higher level characters on the Xbox version, and i'd love to transfer them to my GC card(i've even got backups of all my Xbox game saves on my computer).

JKKDARK
December 8th, 2007, 23:19
No, it's not possible.

TheGrandPubaa
December 8th, 2007, 23:35
So the games don't even share similar save formats? Or is this a hardware incompatibility you're referring to, as in "it's not possible to transfer the data to a GC memory card" or something to that effect?

JKKDARK
December 9th, 2007, 00:16
Hardware incompatibilty yeah. You can't transfer saves to a different console even if it's the same game.

TheGrandPubaa
December 9th, 2007, 00:57
I've seen a USB Gamecube memory card which allows for loading or saving backup data, and since i've already got a backup of my Xbox PSO save data, wouldn't that eliminate the hardware compatibility(maybe i'd have to do some hex editing to convert the Xbox save to a Gamecube save)?

The aforementioned USB memory card. (http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?cat=285&page=&productid=17052)

JKKDARK
December 9th, 2007, 01:55
No, you can only use your USB Gamecube Memory Card for Gamecube saves.

Just make new characters, there's not other way.