PDA

View Full Version : What will I need for DS Lite?

Kissker
December 9th, 2007, 07:11
Alright to make a long story short-
Hello Iam kissker and new here, and I have some questions that are the reason I came to this forum.

With that said here is the input I have, followed by input I need.

I just got a Nintendo DS Lite. *yay for me!* (I had an advance last)

I learned a bunch about carts and memory and passkeys and the like.

What I need to know is:
I want to play Mp3(even while lid is closed), movies etc etc, as well as (*hopefully*) stream live music (Online radio) and eventually browse the net and the like on my DS.

I found a "M3DS Real + Rumble Ram Pack" which seems to be what I need... however 3 things I don't know for sure.. 1- does the slot2 device have support for MicroSD cards? Or will I need to buy a seperate Slot2 Device to put a MicroSD 2GB card in (or larger)

the other thing is will the M3DS real (well- moonshell that is included) allow me to play Live Streams Like internet radio? (I have the listen playlist on my hdd and I just want to know if I can transfer it over and play it like that)

and the last thing is.. will it allow me to put a small internet browser on there (like the Nintendo's Browser that has Opera on it) and browse the net through wifi?

Thanks in advance.

OH and heres a link I found for the one I was thinking about buying- just in case you spot something I didn't.

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3ds-real-rumble-ram-pack-p-812.html
43 dollars plus 8 dollars shipping (estimates) and yes Price is a concern...

Oh and if you would rather reccomend something else besides the M3DS Real- then please feel free, but please try to go into details as WHY I should buy it instead of this...or why I shouldn't buy the M3DS Real...

wiggy fuzz
December 9th, 2007, 13:08
no
no?
yes

the m3real (like many other slot 1 cards) uses microsd cards that go into the card itself - but can also be used as a passme for slot 2 devices. the rumble ram pack consists of a rumble pack and a ram expansion pack (like the one with the opera browser, only bigger)

moonshell can play mp3's and videos (converted into the .dpg format). other mp3 players include lick's media player (basically an ipod gui) and the one built into dsorganize (which i use)
streaming radio, you'll have to look in teh ds homebrew section as i personaly haven't used it.

you will be able to use the opera browser - but it has to be hacked to use the non-official ram pack. there are other homebrew browsers comming along nicely, including bunjaloo and the one built into ds organise(ds organises one can download stuff)

that's a basic run down, i'm sure someone else could tell you in greater detail... but i like posting and i'll probably be the only one who posts in this topic

PinkSpider
December 27th, 2007, 22:02
Quick question (dont want to post a new topic and this one seems appropriate).

I've ordered an R4 for my DS lite and am looking forward to it lots. But I'm also looking at getting GBA emulation/ homebrew up and running so I have loads of stuff to mess about with (plus I've coded simple stuff for the GBA before).

So my question is are there any slim GBA carts to accompany my R4? (preferably in black). I wouldnt mind microSD support but anything over 512Mb wouldnt be too bad.

Cheers,
Matt.

JKKDARK
December 27th, 2007, 22:24
like this one? http://www.gameyeeeah.com/ezflash-in-expansion-pack-solution-for-ezflash-p-217.html

PinkSpider
December 28th, 2007, 17:43
I read a quick review of that on another site. Said something about storing data in the ram?

I ideally want a bit of space?