PDA

View Full Version : PSP hexen/heretic/doom update (2.01)

kgsws˜™
December 9th, 2007, 18:48
Another update to this ports ...

news:
remaked start menu from debug font to graphic mode, added some PSP Dialog functions. (save/load, AdHoc connect)

hexen/heretic: now it is not using SDL, heretic now has better framerate, but hexen is same.

doom: fixed bug with dead player color.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
December 9th, 2007, 22:17
Awesome News! These are the best ports of Doom, Hexen, Heretic to date! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

NightRaven
December 9th, 2007, 22:54
Always loved these 3 fps and all 3 run really smooth. Thx for the updates to them!

da1writer
December 9th, 2007, 22:57
All that needs to be done left is what every porter has done so far.

Hexen II v1.1- Music support
Doom v1.4 - Music Support
Duke Nukem - Music Support
Rise of the Triad- Music Support

See a trend here kgsws˜™?
If you gave heretic and Hexen Music support, you pretty much don't have to do any more updating.

Now if Wolfenstien was ported by you, you will be the answer to all of our prayers!

wolfpack
December 10th, 2007, 01:07
yea adding music to the games would be nice, you have everything else, once you get the music in there this port should be pretty much flawless

interval01
December 10th, 2007, 16:45
i think this is great work! i play when i was a child

bad_lupus
December 11th, 2007, 06:24
have you any plans to make configurable controls?

kgsws˜™
December 11th, 2007, 14:31
ok i will add music and custom controlls, post more suggestions. :)

AshTR
December 11th, 2007, 19:49
ok i will add music and custom controlls

Sweet. Looking forward to music. :thumbup:

NeonLightning
December 12th, 2007, 00:34
.........Now if Wolfenstien was ported by you, you will be the answer to all of our prayers!....

um two things A. there is already a copy that as far as i can tell works just great B. just grab the wolf3d mod for doom from what i hear its just like wolf3d.

JLF65
December 12th, 2007, 06:55
This is a nice update, but you REALLY need to get in the habit of posting the source. These are GPL'd programs. You can't make releases without the source.

You'll notice every version of the Chilly Willy Doom port comes with full source. That's required by the GPL. You don't need to put it in the same arc, but you at least need to make it available somewhere with instructions on where to get it included with the binary archive.

kgsws˜™
December 12th, 2007, 14:21
anybody who ask can get source, but ok, there is link for no-asking
http://zdoom.ic.cz/download/src/

JLF65
December 13th, 2007, 00:10
Thanks. Sorry to seem anal about that, but some GPL authors have been suing lately over folks not making the source available. Best to err on the side of caution.

No_one_in_particular
December 22nd, 2007, 16:05
Hey, I'm having some trouble here. I originally had the 0.05 version of Doom and it worked great apart from having no save/load/multiplayer support. Anyways, I've got this, and although I can start it, none of my .wad's work. They were already named like you've suggested in the readme, but I've tried selecting one, clicking cross and start. Screen goes black for 20 seconds and and then my PSP turns off. What I don't get is they all worked perfectly in the 0.05 version.

Any suggestions people?

No_one_in_particular
December 22nd, 2007, 16:18
Scrap that^ It worked once I put it in the 150 folder. Is the save/load function supposed to work? When I choose either Save Game or Load Game my PSP freezes and turns itself off...

nibble
December 23rd, 2007, 19:23
mmm great program man, thanks but i have a problem, whenever i try to save a game my psp crashes down :( hope anyone can help me

No_one_in_particular
January 14th, 2008, 10:10
<ignore>

djbrotherson
February 8th, 2008, 00:17
K this thing freezes when it goes into demo mode... how do i get around this?

Unquestionable
June 29th, 2008, 00:43
Thank you for this kgsws, I've been looking for updated verisions of different ports I have on my PSP today (recently got a 8gb mem stick and am atm preparing for a vacation which will include some long airplane trips), already happy over finding chilly willy's update on the Duke Nukem 3D port I now stumble upon this! Have briefly tried all the ports, and most noteworthy it feels really nice to be able to play Heretic in fullscreen! The old port I used before finding this one only kind of supported fullscreen, the screen got cut of at the edge when you maxed the screen size which wasn't all that pleasant.

~Unquestionable

andrewwan1980
October 23rd, 2008, 09:50
There's so many different people posting PSP Doom/Hexen/Heretic I just don't know who the original authors are. Also there's no official website (there was but the URL is broken).

Who are the programmers and why not start a sourceforge.net project for PSP Doom/Hexen/Heretic?

It would be great if there was a central official place for requests and bugs.

eg. demo recording and playback support ... and retaining original demo file format

herzuull
November 6th, 2008, 10:31
Hello,
awesome jog !

I got a suggestion : custimse controls !!
Sorry but I don't like to don't press a touch to run :p
I like controls like on ps1 :
triangle : shoot
square : run
cross : straff (can be an other function, like switching weapons)
circle : open
L : straff left
R : straff right

Here are my suggestions :)
Thx a lot for coding this port anyway !

ricky006
January 18th, 2009, 17:49
Hi , sorry to dig up old posts put any new word on a version of heretic were u can customise the controls please ? thank you :) :) :)

andwan0
March 20th, 2009, 11:22
Who has the sourcecode to Hexen-PSP? All those Doom/Hexen/Heretic releases for PSP by so many different people... with no email addresses or websites for wishlist requests.

One request is for an overlap map in Hexen... similar to Doom Legacy, Skulltag, ZDaemon's overlap map view... and it's rotatable too..

KloWn66
October 14th, 2009, 08:42
never mind just had to update firmware