PDA

View Full Version : NetHack DS V1.8b Released

wraggster
December 9th, 2007, 20:49
News/release from Abcd1234: (http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/NetHackDS)

Welcome to the home page for my port of NetHack to the Nintendo DS. The goal of this project is to create a port of NetHack for the DS utilizing the unique features of the DS to create an easy-to-use NetHacking experience. I think I've succeeded in that goal. I'm probably wrong.

Features
An unscaled, scrolling map view on the lower screen, which can be interacted with using the touchscreen.
Minimap, message, and status information rendered to the top screen.
Support for 16- and 256-color BMP tilesets, including non-rectangular tiles (tiles must have dimensions which are a multiple of 8, e.g. 8x8, 8x16, etc).
Support for text mode, with optional full color and IBM graphics.
Popup command window for easy access to the full command set.
On-screen keyboard for text input and extended commands.
Keys are almost completely configurable.
Support for both left- and right-handed modes.
Save and restore.
Sleep mode.
News

Version 1.8b is released. This includes all the fixes from 1.8 and 1.8a:

Fixed Adjust (it was horribly broken). Thanks, Scribble!
Moved left-handed mode to OPTIONS (default off).
Added keyboard-based command mode, toggleable with OPTIONS (default off).
Menus and command window can now be controlled using the joypad.
Changed menus so now Left/Right pages up/down, and Up/Down are used to change the highlighted menu item.
Added select all/none in multi-select menus using Select and Select+L/R.
Added double-tap mode in menus and command window, toggleable with OPTIONS (default off).
Added holdmode option, to control whether L/R must be held to keep the command window open (default on).
Added cursor option, to control whether a cursor is displayed (default on).
Fixed the graphics cursor to properly map to the internal cursor position (makes dagger throws, etc, move the cursor like in text mode).
Fixed the text mode cursor to work with "What Is" when it moves off the rendered map.
In addition, 1.8b includes fixes to the touchscreen code, so the inaccuracies should be gone (they are on my DS, anyway). I felt this was important enough that it warranted a new release, despite having put 1.8a out just last night.

And just to draw extra attention to it, you lefties out there, you'll have to enable left-handed mode in the OPTIONS file now. The old setting will be lost.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments