PDA

View Full Version : OpenBOR v2.1134 for All Platforms

SamuraiX
December 9th, 2007, 22:46
http://www.lavalit.com/tp-images/Image/Completed_Golden%20Axe%20-%20Remake.gif

This version consists mostly in merging uTunnels own changes from his local version of OpenBOR. We should be 100% compatible with his wonderfull Golden Axe Mod!

Also uTunnels had introduced a filter library that was only partially working. 4 out of the 7 filters were broken and I fixed the rest of them. I'm think in the future we will enable MMX logic to help the framerate when using Filters in Windows version. The nice thing about the filters is that its written in complete 'C' and can be ported over to any environment such as dreamcast, psp and so on.....

However, i will not exhaust you all with the details. I will only highlight the new cool features.

Engine Bug Fixes:
--> Logs error when samples are missing and ignores them when trying to play missing samples.
--> We now safely exit the engine when running out of memory. Check your log files for details.

Engine Updates:
-->PSP Users, Modules/ctrlhook.prx is now required for Both Slim and Fat models. Modules/dvemgr.prx is only required for Slim. Delete your settings.sav file for PSP.
-->New PSP commands:
Home + Start restart OpenBOR.
Home only now acts like escape key in windows.
All Buttons are reprogrammable: Vol+, Vol-, Note, Screen and Hold switch.

Plus many more other changes. However, the goal of this message is for people to try out The first completed mod that uses the OpenBOR script engine!.

Make no mistake this mod is fantastic and requires a PSP Slim as it uses more than 20 MBytes for initilization/in-game play also this mod uses the full resolution of 480x272 and you can grab it over at my site. www.lavalit.com

brunobelo
December 10th, 2007, 01:38
Make no mistake this mod is fantastic and requires a PSP Slim as it uses more than 20 MBytes for initilization/in-game play also this mod uses the full resolution of 480x272 and you can grab it over at my site. www.lavalit.com

Is this for real? I mean, I only can play that on PSP slim?

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 02:24
I have no control on how big these authors create their mods. I give them the tools and help to stay within platform boundries but ultimately its their decision. If the PSP Slim was never created then this mod would not be playable outside of a PC, xbox or gp2x.

DarthPaul
December 10th, 2007, 02:44
These OpenBOR things look really cool. They always grab my attention. But the sad thing is that I used to download them and try them. But I never got one working, so I gave up and I don't download them anymore...

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 02:53
Just copy the PSP OpenBoR folder to /PSP/GAME/

Then go to my site and download a mod. Extract the archive and copy your mod (whatever.pak) to the Paks folder and you are done.

Then startup the engine select your pak aka mod and press Cross.

sedkiller
December 10th, 2007, 03:16
I just downloaded it and putted it in my GAME150 folder and when I load the homebrew, it shows me a black screen and can,t do anything.. the latest version (the one before this one) was working perfectly.

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 03:29
Check your log file and scroll to the bottom for errors. Things to remember...

3.71 M33-3 is required.
Game folder using 3.71 kernel.
Both PSP slim and fat versions require Modules/ctrlhook.prx

Hope this helps!

jurkevicz
December 10th, 2007, 03:41
I still wish there was Zip suport. Great release though!

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 03:49
To be honest... zip or rar support would hardly make a difference. GIF format and bor audio formats are already a compressed format. The only thing that is not compressed is the wav file format that is used for sound effects. Thats why when you manually compress these files you hardly see significant gains in compression.

Plus it would require a major rewrite to the filecaching process that would no doubt slow down the loading even more.

gelon
December 10th, 2007, 12:03
Ummm it dont works for me

GAX loads ok, i go to story mode, it loads the models and when finishing load the maps ... it goes to the credit and out (like if you out with home button)

Other packs work ok like the mutant ninja turtles

Anyone get it works with the original PSP?

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 12:54
Check out the log file and you will see it ran out of memory. Golden Axe requires more than 20 MBytes to play. So the only system that will run this mod is the Slim.

DarthPaul
December 10th, 2007, 13:45
Oh wait... PSP Slim only?

Another OpenBOR that I missed then... :(

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2007, 14:08
Good Job. To obad I only have the old PSP.

SamuraiX
December 10th, 2007, 14:32
You could try removing some Golden Axe characters/models to make it run on PSP. But that will be trial an error.

devdj
December 10th, 2007, 15:08
finally a real psp slim homebrew breakthru at least i have both kinds of psp's original and slim

gelon
December 10th, 2007, 22:24
Check out the log file and you will see it ran out of memory. Golden Axe requires more than 20 MBytes to play. So the only system that will run this mod is the Slim.

WOPS! Youre right, i dont read the final line

Thanks

sappo
December 12th, 2007, 14:41
Only on PSP Slim?

That's complete PHAIL. The author should learn to use the RAM better, see NJ's emulators, they can emulate a game big over 100mb with no problem on a PSP Fat.

SamuraiX
December 12th, 2007, 15:13
Just because the size of the archive/rom is 100 mb doesn't mean the actual data for that level is 100 mb. Looking at NJ's emulators most level's/stages are only 16~19 MBytes and thats why they work on the fat psp.

If you noticed some ROMS don't work and will never work like SVC PCB version as it uses more than 20 MBytes of data just for 1 level/stage.

Now we have mods that are 200 MBytes that work perfectly fine on PSP fat due to the actual in-game data only using 12~16 MBytes. If you kept up with the history of BOR/OpenBOR you would have noticed that this wasn't even possible back in the day to play any mod when it was first released until I started to optimize the engine and cut memory in half or 2/3 in some places due to dynamic memory management.