PDA

View Full Version : Current Homebrew Dreamcast Developments

Failedartifact
December 10th, 2007, 21:39
Are there any developments happening at the moment.. Im going to buy a coders cable soon, and mod my dreamcast up. Just wondering if I will be all alone in making the best homebrew games.. (joke), but seriously..

Hello?

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2007, 22:29
I don't know about free homebrew games coming soon. All I see coming, or at least announced, are commercial homebrew games (Donk, by Cryptic Allusion Games; Age Of the Beast and Rush Rush Rally Racing, by Senile Team; Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles and Dalforce by redspotgames)

fackue
December 11th, 2007, 01:44
I know of at least Giana's Return.

Failedartifact
December 13th, 2007, 17:13
Thats still good to here, once i get my import chip for Dreamcast, ill be supporting the new releases by buying them. Thanks for the info.

ExcruciationX
December 13th, 2007, 21:10
Uh, you shouldn't have to do all that.

Apparently, Alicedreams is good.

dcdood
December 20th, 2007, 12:29
I know of at least Giana's Return.

Is there like an origanal of this sound's like a sequel type Game.
-

Thats still good to here, once i get my import chip for Dreamcast, ill be supporting the new releases by buying them. Thanks for the info.

for what? Commercial Homebrew? They are on CD-Rs! And i don't think they are region protected. However you will need some mod if the bottom of your console says, "MANUFACTURED: November 2000" i think thats when they stopped CD-R Booting. because Before or in 10\00 they still booted GDR

Christuserloeser
December 20th, 2007, 21:02
No need for a modchip to play CD-Rs. The one and only reason to mod your Dreamcast is to play imported GD-ROMs.

@dcdood: Regarding the hardware revisions that don't boot from CD-Rs: only some of the North-American consoles from December 2000 are affected; not even all of them.