PDA

View Full Version : Apple Ipod Help !!!

Man
December 11th, 2007, 11:56
Ok so i have a bunch of converted ipod videos in my itunes, and when i go to sync them, they all sync fine, but some dont play and others do, and i checked on iTunes and the movies all play on iTunes and quicktime, just not on my F**KING iPod. and i know its not the encoding, because they were all done the same way, and they play in quicktime, but not on my IPOD !!

If anyone has any helpful ideas, thanks !

Triv1um
December 11th, 2007, 15:39
What exactly does the ipod do?

Black screen? error? crash?

Man
December 11th, 2007, 22:08
It just says video can not be played, and on the movies that dont work it just stops at one point and then it exits to the video menu.

Buddy4point0
December 11th, 2007, 22:10
do you have them in the correct format and resolution?

Man
December 11th, 2007, 23:00
Format yes, resolution doesnt matter, as long as its not bigger, because i put some ipod video, videos, on my ipod touch and they work perfectly.

Buddy4point0
December 11th, 2007, 23:21
''To convert a video for use with iPod :
1 Select the video in your iTunes library.
2 Choose Advanced > “Convert Selection to iPod.”
Depending on the length and content of a video, converting it for use with iPod.
can take several minutes to several hours.
Note: When you convert a video for use with iPod, the original video remains in your iTunes library.''
mabey?

Man
December 12th, 2007, 03:12
I think you need the advanced money costing version of quicktime to do that, but its weird because some work and other dont, and it really makes me mad because i cant watch the whole season of heros, because some dont work !!

Accordion
December 12th, 2007, 10:57
What are you using to convert? try another.

Man
December 13th, 2007, 01:42
Im going to, ill report back, its just weird that they play fine on my iTunes and quicktime, even in VLC, but not on ipod :(

AvengedSevenfold Fan
December 16th, 2007, 16:29
some of my mp4 psp vids dont play on my ipod touch. the res doesnt matter at all, even if its bigger. just do what buddy4point0 said, and use iTunes.