PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. on HD DVD, Blu-ray: No changes in Support

wraggster
December 11th, 2007, 19:25
Web forums were ablaze this morning because of a controversial report by Rich Greenfield of Pali Research, saying in 2008 Warner Bros. would cease support of HD DVD and become Blu-ray only. As a syndicated newspaper columnist I have contacts within the industry and found the whole thing suspicious and oddly timed. My PR contacts put me in touch with Jim Noonan, Warner Bros. Senior Vice President and General Manager, for clarification. I received a response almost immediately and his reply is as follows:

"Dear Mr. Lindich, We have made no decision to change our present policy which is to produce in both HD DVD and Blu-ray."

http://www.soundadviceblog.com/?p=677

JKKDARK
December 11th, 2007, 19:48
Good news, I hope HD-DVD will win this battle

Elven6
December 12th, 2007, 01:08
Same here!

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 01:19
I am no noobie to the psp, I have done my share of modding, flashing, and wat not, but I think it would be cool if a blue ray emulator could be devoloped for future use. 8GB pro duo are becoming a more popular thing for psp owners to have now a days and the 16GB is on it's way. I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to decode a blue ray movie so it could be playable in parts (16GB parts maybe?) I think there is some chance someone could do this using today's tech. I also think we are near to being able to stream a blue ray to a psp and use it.

Elven6
December 12th, 2007, 01:36
lol ur a noob! Its gonna run at like 1 frame per second with no audio!

ellswortha101
December 12th, 2007, 01:41
I think if a ISO dump was taken using a PS3 Lunix Command then you could decode by launching a virtual disk in windows. A psp would definately not suppot 1080P so it would have to be decoded to a readable psp format. Audio could just be switched to 64KBS which is still fine. Or if you connect your psp to your pc and lunch a full Blu Ray you might be able to stream the screen which would run at some where from 9 to 15 fps depending on variables, At least it's a start.