PDA

View Full Version : God of War PSP - do we care?

Shrygue
December 12th, 2007, 17:18
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177418)

Phwoar! Sony has offloaded another lot of (tiny) God of War PSP screenshots and yes, it looks like God of War... on a handheld.

Alright, it's pretty impressive that it's managed to squeeze the PS2's premier action series onto the PSP, but is anyone really interested in manoeuvring Kratos on the bus?

Frankly we're not convinced that there's much more to be done with the God of War series on last-gen hardware.

Surely the fantastic God of War II did pretty much everything the mythic brawler can without a SixAxis and 512MB of RAM, and we fear Chains of Olympus is just going to tread old ground.

We'd love to be proven wrong, but until then we'll keep waiting for Kratos' debut on PlayStation 3.

Screenshots here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=188986)

cal360
December 12th, 2007, 17:30
It doesn't look to bad, but it's a big game to put on a handheld I hope it's just as good as the last.

-Xandu-
December 12th, 2007, 18:01
Try out the demo, it's a must-have for PSP.

mike_jmg
December 12th, 2007, 18:42
You can never have enough God of War, seriously, I ended up finishing GOW II like in 3 days because I didn't want to stop playing

So, the more games they come up with, the better

Although, is been too much waiting for it hopefully there will be no more delays

damienarcangel
December 12th, 2007, 18:42
I for one am definitely looking forward to GoW on PSP. Of course its going to be "treading old ground." Its treading old ground portably(is that even a word?) Anyways you have to look at it from this standpoint- Not every gamer has every game for every system. So anytime a game comes out on a new system doesn't mean that "oh god, I've already played that game. What a stupid idea that was to make it on another system"

dejkirkby
December 12th, 2007, 18:49
I care about this.
This will be a killer app.

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2007, 18:57
It is a port of the PS2 game?

JPJunkie
December 12th, 2007, 19:19
I'll have you know I do care!

domthegod
December 12th, 2007, 19:21
This would be in number one on psp (BEST GAME EVER) Chart.

(If there is) But its overrated Hurry up and release the Game

DarthPaul
December 12th, 2007, 19:48
I'm really excited about this game! It's probably my most-wanted for PSP.

Oh wait.. and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

Oh and Dissidia... those 3. :D

Nop. It's a prequel to the first God of War. An all-new title.

Napalm-Death
December 12th, 2007, 19:56

Nope, it's a prequel to the PS2 games.

Gold Line
December 12th, 2007, 20:02
Oh wait.. and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

if square ever decides to release it outside of japan :(

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2007, 20:02
Oh well then I'm sure this one will sell very good.

gazz_d
December 13th, 2007, 00:00
i thought gow on ps2 was bit boring / repetitive i enjoy it as a psp game though.. suited better to pick-up n play imo

mfz64
December 13th, 2007, 00:26
this game is going to be awesome....i've beaten the demo like 25 times in the past week

Trekster
December 13th, 2007, 00:42
I have never played a GOW game except for the demo, I was really impressed.
It truly looks as good as ANY PS2/XBOX game.

Veskgar
December 13th, 2007, 02:37
What are these guys problems? They don't understand or care that this is for a portable gaming device. Because of a busy lifestyle I have come to actually prefer portable gaming. I play my PSP more than my home consoles.

As technology evolves, portable gaming will only grow. Instead of putting it down it should be celebrated. The developers actually extended production on this game to perfect it and make it the best it could be. Programmed to utilize the full 333Mhz of the PSP's power, this will be a milestone PSP game and should set the standard for future PSP games and developers that hope to prove their worth.

I very much care about this game and appreciate the effort to bring us this work of art.

osgeld
December 13th, 2007, 02:38
yea poor babys HAD to SQUEEZE a ps2 game on hardware thats for the most part identical

quit hating on GOW noone is forcing you to buy it

personally the more badass games on the psp the better

and yea i play my psp almost daily, i dont even know where my ps2 is, and my xbox is in the closet serving media tru the house

Chackan
December 13th, 2007, 13:16
The demo was great! So i'm going to get it :D

Raziel-chan
December 13th, 2007, 16:44
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177418)

Surely the fantastic God of War II did pretty much everything the mythic brawler can without a SixAxis and 512MB of RAM, and we fear Chains of Olympus is just going to tread old ground.

Screenshots here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=188986)

Umm, it's roughly 200 MB ram and 246 MB graphics ram :3 (taking out whatever the OS uses)

cya
Raziel-chan

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 18:34
The demo was good so the actual game better be

Shadowblind
December 13th, 2007, 19:26
God of War = single greatest action franchise on earth. You can never have too much of a good thing, right?

benn
December 13th, 2007, 19:57
Oh and Dissidia... . :D

sorry mate but that game sucks. I wanted to love it but it just plays like crap IMHO.

if square ever decides to release it outside of japan :(

:rofl: would normally think about that comment except that you are talking about Square who by and large are now just a bunch of money grabbing slags and will do anything for an extra dollar. HAVE NO DOUBT this game will hit every shore it can. In fairness it is the only SE game I have been excited about in years.

Buddy4point0
December 13th, 2007, 20:02
of coarse we love it!
have you played the demo!

this is great, i cant wait for this to come out.
i will deffinantly be getting this on the first day that it is released

titch.ryan
December 13th, 2007, 21:28
i cant wait for this game either. it will probably be one of the best psp games released.