PDA

View Full Version : PSP Phone Concept Images

wraggster
December 12th, 2007, 17:26
An excellent looking PSP Phone Concept image has been posted on the net and it looks like its taken some ideas from the iPhone.

Check it out Via Comments

wraggster
December 12th, 2007, 17:27
looks pretty damn cool actually

where do the bleedin UMDs go

XentorX
December 12th, 2007, 17:30
Wow, when is this going to be out?! and got any info about it? i cant wait for it to come out:D ( damn i wish i'd know about it sooner coz i already bought a psp slim.. :X )

cal360
December 12th, 2007, 17:32
Looks a lot like an iphone crossed with a Sony Erricson, It doesn't look anything like I would of thought something like that to be but it's just someones idea and it's not a bad concept.

sedkiller
December 12th, 2007, 17:37
I suppose you put you UMD backup in a memory stick hahah.

Twimfy
December 12th, 2007, 17:42
I think they'd be better off making an attachment for the existing PSP, like a wrap around similar to those grip enhancers or shock protectors. Including in it a sim card adapter, mic and speaker.

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2007, 17:45
wow it looks amazing, and an iPhone copycat! :D

-Xandu-
December 12th, 2007, 18:00
It's fugly!

got2best
December 12th, 2007, 18:04
when is it going to be out? I am glad i found it before i went out and bought the slim psp. i Will wate now

Shrygue
December 12th, 2007, 18:38
Looks to me lore like an iPhone crossed with the PSPs control set. Not bad trying though.

dejkirkby
December 12th, 2007, 18:48
I like it, but I highly doubt it will look like that

zanco
December 12th, 2007, 19:05
Looks a little too fragile

csd-san
December 12th, 2007, 19:15
Pretty sweet design, I'm rather fond of it. I never would have thought of building it that way, I expected something more like Nokia's terrible N-Gage.

Straight up, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

JPJunkie
December 12th, 2007, 19:17
Lookin Good

-Xandu-
December 12th, 2007, 19:54
when is it going to be out? I am glad i found it before i went out and bought the slim psp. i Will wate now

You'll be waiting for a long, long time.

ojdon
December 12th, 2007, 20:27
You'll be waiting for a long, long time.

You mean wateing *shot*

Anyway, I demand those small (LED?) lights for the "x" square circle and Triangle are, bugt have motion scencors on them so it can take if it is up right or on it's side, and will change for the buttons are facing the right way, since they look a bit tacky when they are on their side does anyone know what I mean?

Jonesyxxiv
December 12th, 2007, 21:24
This does look pretty awesome, but I already have the iPhone.

Buddy4point0
December 12th, 2007, 21:26
this looks awsome!!!!
i might get this if its not all jacked up pricewise like the iphone.

Veskgar
December 13th, 2007, 04:01
As SONY has long stated, gaming should be the priority for the PSP. When turning the PSP into a phone modifies its design that much, it takes away from the experience of having the most technologically superior portable gaming device ever released.

If the PSP is going to evolve further, I'd like to see its current SLIM & LITE design improved upon. With built in storage, second analog nub, better battery life, etc.

The PlayStation brand has always made strong effort to have very strong backward compatibility. If future versions of the PSP use a more advanced UMD and/or super-fast UMD Drive, if it is backward compatible with all current PSP games (over 300 now for each major region) it will grow, evolve and not leave current PSP fans in the dark feeling neglected and forgotten.

With that all said however, its really hard to imagine it getting much better than having a 3.71 M33-4 Slim & Lite PSP.

kcajblue
December 13th, 2007, 05:14
Looks to me lore like an iPhone crossed with the PSPs control set. Not bad trying though.yeah. if you look at a lot of stuff.
everyone is trying to make things look more ipod like. by making it shiny and putting i in front of every word.

goliath182
December 13th, 2007, 10:28
Seriously what's the point of a PSP Phone anyway.
I got a mobile phone and a PSP already so why the hell would i go out and buy them both combined when I already got both of them.

Vega
December 13th, 2007, 11:54
I got a mobile phone and a PSP already so why the hell would i go out and buy them both combined when I already got both of them.

I see your point but alot of people thought the same about phones and cameras. combining two pieces of hardware into one has always been logical steps in furthering technology

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 12:42

I want one even though I have both

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2007, 12:44

because it's more easy to use only the PSP Phone than the PSP and the cell phone.

grin.ch
December 13th, 2007, 18:19
Photoshopped!

JD/
December 13th, 2007, 22:20
Nice concept but dont get this mixed up with a real product its just a concept It will probably never be made into a product ^^.

lampsta
December 14th, 2007, 03:24
would be sweet tho!:D

goliath182
December 14th, 2007, 06:41
because it's more easy to use only the PSP Phone than the PSP and the cell phone.
Yes thats true but... my mates would always txt or call me whenever I'm playing just to annoy the crap out of me.
I would enjoy playing Vice City Stories or Burnout on a phone but what would happen to your game when someone interrupts you.
I know playing PS2 and just getting food or stuff really puts me off.
I like uninterrupted gameplay and thats just too much to achieve on a mobile phone.

Zourn
December 14th, 2007, 12:36
I see your point but alot of people thought the same about phones and cameras. combining two pieces of hardware into one has always been logical steps in furthering technology

Personally I think that as far as they've gone with the camera phones is utterly ridiculous. I am in the military and most of the places I work from don't allow digital cameras inside or near, including cameraphones. So if I want a cell that I can take to work, I gotta buy some cheapie POS because I'm "not down" with the cameraphones.