PDA

View Full Version : Multidisc Popsloader Images

wraggster
December 12th, 2007, 17:39
Mathieulh and Dark Alex (http://pics.lan.st/multidisc/) have released some pics of the Multi Disc Loading Popsloader (Full Speed Playstation Emulator for PSP)

Heres some of the decent ones:

http://pics.lan.st/multidisc/screenshot028.JPG

http://pics.lan.st/multidisc/screenshot029.JPG

http://pics.lan.st/multidisc/screenshot038.JPG

Not really the greatest of pics but you get the idea, out of interest what are the best Multi disc PS1 games ?

Lnathan9129
December 12th, 2007, 18:07
YEah! thats great news! now I can play star ocean second story without problems :D looking forward to the release :thumbup:

shorty_carnage
December 12th, 2007, 18:20
looks fantastic!

Nnemo
December 12th, 2007, 18:24
nice..

jvabbdac
December 12th, 2007, 18:32
I don't undestand "Full speed" What is ? Games from psx running in full speed or this is about mult disc loading ?

ab_geee_eee
December 12th, 2007, 18:53
cool

Shemp
December 12th, 2007, 18:55
Call me kooky, but I've been waiting for this specifically to play Parasite Eve II and Legend of Dragoon--the other multi-disc games I own save at the end of the disc.

boumboum
December 12th, 2007, 18:57
I don't undestand "Full speed" What is ? Games from psx running in full speed or this is about mult disc loading ?

I think this is the PSX emulator running full speed.

Well this is a big jump on the PSX emulation for psp. These guy are just to cool.

kris threat
December 12th, 2007, 19:13
I knew this would come sooner or later. Awesome news.

Sterist
December 12th, 2007, 19:14
well, since they managed to input another option in sony's menu, that means they reverse engineered pops (in other words, have the source code)

that can mean some very good things for "the scene" however, it could also be lawsuit time if the source code gets leaked or distributed somehow

anonymous1471
December 12th, 2007, 19:32
Now I can play FF

DarthPaul
December 12th, 2007, 19:33
Go here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81722) to download the latest Dark_AleX's Custom Firmware with Multi-Disc loader built-in. :)

-=me=-
December 13th, 2007, 03:26
Driver 2 is pretty good. only 1 of three ps1 games I own. never had a ps1, only ps2.

Veskgar
December 13th, 2007, 04:14
This is really cool. So they coded new options into the POPS menu to improve upon yet another PSP feature? Definitively shows once again how lucky we are to have Dark_AleX & Mathieulh still working hard for the scene.

I hope this brings us one step closer to being able to play Chrono Cross on the PSP. That game didn't prompt you to save prior to switching discs. But I have read many reports about various glitches and crashes.

Does anyone know the latest info on Chrono Cross compatibility? Which Game ID to use, which version of POPS, etc.?

kcajblue
December 13th, 2007, 05:13
thats awesome.
a disc changer will help a lot.

kryst abegnalie
December 13th, 2007, 07:52
This is really cool. So they coded new options into the POPS menu to improve upon yet another PSP feature? Definitively shows once again how lucky we are to have Dark_AleX & Mathieulh still working hard for the scene.

I hope this brings us one step closer to being able to play Chrono Cross on the PSP. That game didn't prompt you to save prior to switching discs. But I have read many reports about various glitches and crashes.

Does anyone know the latest info on Chrono Cross compatibility? Which Game ID to use, which version of POPS, etc.?

I havent tested it yet in 3.72 pops, but in 3.71, there's still a glitch whenever you will fight the mama komodo dragon in the first part of the game, using SLPS01222 and the game id for chrono cross.

strife_delivery89
December 13th, 2007, 08:21
aaaargh! can you guys bring out some sort of eloader or something for firmware 3.73...im an official idiot..i had firmware 2.80 and upgraded to 3.72 for some strange reason then updated again... cba doing a pandora battery.. let me know =D

Airdevil
December 13th, 2007, 09:49
aaaargh! can you guys bring out some sort of eloader or something for firmware 3.73...im an official idiot..i had firmware 2.80 and upgraded to 3.72 for some strange reason then updated again... cba doing a pandora battery.. let me know =D

If you cant be bothered making a pandora battery, you cant be bothered with homebrew full stop.

There are plenty of things harder to install then a pandora battery in this scene....

YourStillWithMe
December 13th, 2007, 14:58
Metal Gear: Solid
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII

DUH!

junaed
December 14th, 2007, 18:58
i'm running 3.71 m33-4
how do i change discs? i am playing metal gear solid from the ps1

Raziel-chan
December 14th, 2007, 23:11
i'm running 3.71 m33-4
how do i change discs? i am playing metal gear solid from the ps1

Well, if you'd read the readme file supplied with DA's latest firmware...

First, both MGS disks have to be converted into one eboot file with the new popstation - there's a gui for it posted on this forum. Then, you play the game using that eboot (if you were playing the first disk earlier and had a separate eboot for it, give this eboot the same main and first disk ID if you want to use the savefile from your previous game) and when the game asks you to change the disk, press the 'home' button, select 'change disk' from the menu, select the 2nd disk, confirm that you really changed the disk and go back into the game. Then, you just do what the game asks you to do ('press start after the disk has been changed') and voila, you're on disk 2!

Of course you need the latest popsloader plugin (preferably the bugfix release that was released after the one supplied with the 3.71 m33-4 CFW, get it on DA's site) installed and the 3.72 pops selected for this game.

cya
Raziel-chan

junaed
December 15th, 2007, 01:00
okay.......
cool but i can't seem to get this popstation working. i have cygwin1.dll but it still doesn't work. i'm on vista. also for the plugin do i just copy the seplugins folder to the root of my memory stick???
HELP PLZ!! I ain't no computer wizz!