PDA

View Full Version : 3.71 M33-4 Custom Firmware Released

DarthPaul
December 12th, 2007, 19:21
Source: Dark_AleX (http://dark-alex.org)

Our hero Dark_AleX released the newest revision of his Custom Firmware, also known as 3.71 M33.

Changelog:

- Bugfix: Multidisc psx games bought in the psn store would not work due to the format being different
and M33 treating them as decrypted games.

- Added support for decrypted multidisc psx games created with popstation_md (supplied with this release).

Included in the package is a new version of popsloader.

Popsloader:

- Bugfix: Games without compression had sound issues when using 3.72 pops. Fixed.
- Added support for multidisc px games created with popstation_md. Note: multi disc games will
only work in 3.71 and 3.72 pops. Previous pops will exit to the xmb with generic error 0x80000004
when attempting to run multidisc games.

Enjoy. :)

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

JPJunkie
December 12th, 2007, 19:31
Great News! ;)

Shrygue
December 12th, 2007, 19:36
Time for this to hit the newspage. Wonderful news, good to hear about this update.

cal360
December 12th, 2007, 19:43
Thanks for the news, nice to see an new update for 3.71 it's about time I upadated mine it's still on update 2. I'm glad to see some big bugs have been fixed.

Sonicboy 101
December 12th, 2007, 20:04
Excellent. Time to update.
It's bad that the disk multi-loader is only available to newer versions of POPS. Perhaps we will see a new update to fix this.
EDIT: Can't get the popstation_md to run... it just does nothing.

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2007, 20:06
More and more custom! Great job Dark Alex. I will update later :)

havoc_012
December 12th, 2007, 20:41
Another great release. Thanks DAX.

domthegod
December 12th, 2007, 20:52
Great update Great man thanx Alex:thumbup:

Buddy4point0
December 12th, 2007, 21:23
great!
ill update to this right now, thanks for the update man

Prasoc
December 12th, 2007, 21:25
woot getting now

penileartery
December 12th, 2007, 21:41
will this let me play "beats" on it?

Necro Star
December 12th, 2007, 21:44
Sonicboy 101, you probably need
cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll to get it to run. I don't have the files but I have heard the problem from other.

-=me=-
December 12th, 2007, 21:46
This is pretty schweet.
Just wondering, I havent been up-to-date with the psp scene recently... I still have 3.03 OEC. What makes this worth upgrading to?

Sonicboy 101
December 12th, 2007, 22:02
Sonicboy 101, you probably need
cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll to get it to run. I don't have the files but I have heard the problem from other.

I've got them, yet it still refuses to work. I also have BASE.PBP.
It brings up a message on a CMD, but it comes up for... 1 millisecond?

wraggster
December 12th, 2007, 22:20
thanks for the newspost

and also thanks to Dark Alex and co for another great release

ultimatepump
December 12th, 2007, 22:21
MAN... I updated and all is fine except for PicoDrive no longer works. After the PSP logo, I get a black screen and the PSP freezes. What am I doing wrong?

BelmontSlayer
December 12th, 2007, 22:45
It brings up a message on a CMD, but it comes up for... 1 millisecond?

Are you double-clicking the .exe? If so, then you're doing it wrong. I've attached an image for reference. Somebody will make a GUI soon enough I'm sure.

santong_banana
December 12th, 2007, 23:12
woah. thanks!

dmac
December 12th, 2007, 23:33
does remote play for PS3 work with this? can this turn on PS3?

Bastion
December 13th, 2007, 00:09
MGS Portable Ops no longer loads for me!

Ok, I just went into advanced settings and disabled boot.bin. Now it works. Thanks Dark Alex!!

The_It
December 13th, 2007, 02:00
would this happen to fix any important bugs like... not being able to put homebrew into sleep mode, or having the psp crash when I try to open the configuration tab in the recovery menu?

htrantk
December 13th, 2007, 04:35
What is the popsloader used for??? And where did i put the popsloader in my meory card???

mike_jmg
December 13th, 2007, 05:21
would this happen to fix any important bugs like... not being able to put homebrew into sleep mode, or having the psp crash when I try to open the configuration tab in the recovery menu?

Uhmm.....
those are not "bugs", the recovery thing can be fixed just by formating flash1, and some homebrew cannot be put into sleep mode

Is great to hear from DAX again

robocelot
December 13th, 2007, 05:33
Anyone try making a multidisk popsloader of Vib Ribbon + the iso's of music CD's?

ISTR the problem under the single disk pops was that Vib Ribbon would get stuck trying to access a non-existant CD, so even using the 'same name' trick wouldnt work.

Zin0099
December 13th, 2007, 05:55
I'm confused at how to do this help i'm getting cygwin where do i get base.pbp?

John Vattic
December 13th, 2007, 08:05
GUI needed.

I had no problem with the old school popsloader.exe, however this one seems way too picky about the files, and i have everything correct. still says problem opening base.pbp even though it's the real thing named to base.pbp.

spent an hour typng cmd lines. no luck. no more interest. no more

addicted
December 13th, 2007, 11:14
i had devhook on my psp to emulate the 3.01 on my psp then i tried to install the m33 on my psp but it crashed and now i cant install any devhook our m33 on my psp.... what do i do to isntall the m33???? :confused::confused::confused::(

Narcotize
December 13th, 2007, 11:18
does remote play for PS3 work with this? can this turn on PS3?

Doesn't look like it, and this is a MASSIVE function to have. I have a wifi connection at work ready for me to have PSP fun with over the net.... keep checking back in the vague hope that there is an all encompassing package that will have this bundled with it.

Not moaning like, I get to play FF8 on me PSP, but hell, I really want that remote play now.

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 11:36
Updating Now...

Chackan
December 13th, 2007, 13:17
Doesn't look like it, and this is a MASSIVE function to have. I have a wifi connection at work ready for me to have PSP fun with over the net.... keep checking back in the vague hope that there is an all encompassing package that will have this bundled with it.

Did they take it away like the Location Free player? I thought it was still included Oo

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 13:54
I have now updated...

tunglashor
December 13th, 2007, 16:55

Not moaning like, I get to play FF8 on me PSP, but hell, I really want that remote play now.

There are tutorials for getting Remote Play to work out there - I have it working on mine - not sure if you were unaware or just not keen on trying it. Anyway it wasn't hard to do, if I remember right.

The problem I'm having since updating is, none of my existing PS1 games work any more! Is anyone else experiencing this?

b_simpson1999
December 13th, 2007, 17:25
am tryng the popstation_md with Final Fantasy 7 and I get the eboot and put it in a folder with the keys.bin file and I load it then it goes to a blank screen. though the home button works just keep getting a blank screen try them all with lv6 & lv9, i've got 3.71m33-4 so plz help

The_It
December 13th, 2007, 18:51
Uhmm.....
those are not "bugs", the recovery thing can be fixed just by formating flash1, and some homebrew cannot be put into sleep mode

Is great to hear from DAX again

Sorry, I forgot to say that ANY homebrew games will not come out of sleep mode, even ones that used to don't now. when I turn the PSP back on, the power light turns on for half a second then the psp turns off.

formatting flash 1 worked though, thanks :)

btw... after reformatting, I cannot load up custom themes anymore. maybe I just need to redownload them

sonic3d
December 13th, 2007, 19:42
Hey im back its been a long time... i thought dark alex left? anyways i need some help cuze im so far behind... ok ive got CFW 3.30oe-a how do i get this m33 3.71? and what is m33? can i just update to this or do i have to downgrade agian? and last time i had an error with 3.40oe-a do i need to worrie? and another thing if i get this m33 thing does it have that new recovery thingy? and if so is it seprate? thanks thanks thanks!!!! x Millions!:thumbup: idk sony made it to wear you can make your own theams thats so cool!

boldizzle
December 13th, 2007, 21:21
Can anyone confirm whether the popfix for Resident Evil 2 has been resolved in this update?

nothingtoday
December 14th, 2007, 03:24
My base.pbp doesn't seem to work with this multi-disk popsloader. Does anyone else get an error saying cannot open base.pbp?

How can I fix that?

Apoklepz
December 14th, 2007, 03:33
Phew!

I have finaly updated from 3.40 OE to 3.71 M33 with the 1.50 addon....what a loooong time that took! lol

What I really want to know is what does Format Flash 1 do, and Where can I find the RECOVERY Eboot for M33 firmwares, in case I brick.

and...Why don't Custom THEMES made with the SCEA Custom Theme Editor work? I have tried over 20, and they all give me this error;

An internal error has occurred (80108351)

Thanks!

fattybluntman
December 15th, 2007, 02:56
ive been messing with re2 dual shock for hrs now, i duno weather to use the original .img files i burned from disc, or the .pbp i made with jap game ids (slps01222) and then after than i duno wut to set the game ids to in the command (jap or actual disc)

boldizzle
December 16th, 2007, 20:18
ive been messing with re2 dual shock for hrs now, i duno weather to use the original .img files i burned from disc, or the .pbp i made with jap game ids (slps01222) and then after than i duno wut to set the game ids to in the command (jap or actual disc)

You haven't actually specified what your problem is. If it's going to a black screen when you start a new game then it's most likely the popsloader you're using. You need to use Popsloader 3.52 to run this game without any issues.

Apoklepz
December 17th, 2007, 00:48
Okay, this custom firmware is great...Dark Alex has done it again!....But, PTF custom Themes do not load ....I keep getting an error (posted above in my last post) and Even the Wallpapers don't stick to the Memory....it defaults back to the Sony Bitmap colors when rebooting or exiting back to XMB....What's Up?!?!

I reeeeeaally want to customize my PSP once more, but even the rco files in flash0 have been renamed....What happened to good ol' Gameboot.pmf, Topmenu_plugin.rco, 01-12.bmp, etc. etc.

Need help, please.

Exoskeletor
December 17th, 2007, 10:53
Guys does this work for psp slim?

blackrave
December 17th, 2007, 16:39
Okay, this custom firmware is great...Dark Alex has done it again!....But, PTF custom Themes do not load ....I keep getting an error (posted above in my last post) and Even the Wallpapers don't stick to the Memory....it defaults back to the Sony Bitmap colors when rebooting or exiting back to XMB....What's Up?!?!

I reeeeeaally want to customize my PSP once more, but even the rco files in flash0 have been renamed....What happened to good ol' Gameboot.pmf, Topmenu_plugin.rco, 01-12.bmp, etc. etc.

Need help, please.

I have no opportunity of checking my PSP for those files right now, but that sounds really weird. I would try downgrading back to 1.50 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75799), go to 3.52 M33-4, then reinstall 3.71 M33-4.

Guys does this work for psp slim?

Yes, just install 3.71 M33 (http://exophase.com/files/psp/release.rar) first.

Apoklepz
December 17th, 2007, 18:08
I have no opportunity of checking my PSP for those files right now, but that sounds really weird. I would try downgrading back to 1.50 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75799), go to 3.52 M33-4, then reinstall 3.71 M33-4.

I'm sorry I didn't mention it before, but I had already done that already before my initial post. Don't get me wrong, everything works fine, except official and custom THEMES...can somebody verify their flash0 resource folder to see what I mean? All files are different than before and I really have no idea how to manipulate them, so I'm not gonna mess with that.

Exoskeletor
December 17th, 2007, 18:34
If we have sip and install this we will be able to play emulators and run iso,cso etc?

Rubiconz
December 18th, 2007, 09:28
If you are having problems getting your ISOs, CSOs to boot under cfw 3.71 M33 try deleting your old save game folders. This worked for me when I couldn't get some game ISOs to boot up that had worked fine under 3.40 OE. Once I deleted the old save game files that I had imported, the games booted fine again. I'm not sure why a save game would prevent a game from loading, a bug perhaps? I went from 3.40OE to 3.71 M33-4 with 1.50 kernal installed. I have upgraded and downgraded many psps and have only noticed this problem in 3.71M33. Hope this helps you.

PSPFR3AK
January 5th, 2008, 13:50
how do i update?

i have the first version of m33

i copy the update-4 to PSP/GAME but when i start it it says : The game could not be started ( 8002014C)

:(

PSPFR3AK
January 8th, 2008, 00:39
i need helop

hockey2112
January 8th, 2008, 21:32
I recently updated to this CFW, but I can no longer connect to my PS3 with my PSP... the PSP gives me an error stating that a firmware update is needed. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Saracchini
January 8th, 2008, 22:26

Need help, please.

Your flash1 doesnt have the needed folder created. Restore Default Settings and format flash1 option in recovery doesnt work correctly in 3.71 M33.
Enable flash1 USB in Recovery Menu and create these folders.

flash1:\dic
flash1:\gps
flash1:\net\http
flash1:\updater
flash1:\vsh\theme

without the last folder you cannot use PTF themes or background images. The other ones are used to store another tipe of configurations.

Apoklepz
January 12th, 2008, 09:51
Wow...I wish I'd known that sooner. Would've saved my the trouble of having to Pandorize my unit to 3.71 m33-2 and update twice after that to finally get a clean 3.71 m33-4 setup.

Thanks anyways, Saracchini...it's always good to know this kind of stuff.

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2008, 14:01
New release coming today!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85007

joash
January 13th, 2008, 08:53
Hey all! My psp phat is running CFW3.71M33-4 but when i try to run Gurumin a monstrous adventure ISO on it, it hangs at the first loading screen. Is there a way to fix this? I have already tried on 2 different ISOs and MS but still no luck.