PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Pulse demo readied for PSN

Shrygue
December 13th, 2007, 18:11
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177535)

WipEout Pulse on PSP is flipping brilliant - as this review explains - and Sony will be letting PSP owner sample the goods with a demo due to launch tomorrow.

The demo will appear on the new PS Store for PC (not the Store on your PS3), free to download, which you will then need to transfer to your PSP to play.

The demo will let you race around one track, Moa Therma White, in the classic Feisar ship, backed by pumping tunes from artist Kraftwerk.

The full game goes on sale in UK on Friday.

PSPdemon
December 13th, 2007, 18:58
God, i really cant wait till i can try it.... i love wipeout.... and i think this one will be really really good ( ship customization, photomode, more expansions, ect ).

ill definantly buy this game when it hits US :D ( or the Jap version.....depends on which version comes out first )

anyway, cant wait till tommorow :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: ZOMG, 666 posts!

M3wThr33
December 13th, 2007, 19:50
Some new homebrew is in order. Demos are now signed to accounts, meaning I have to have my PSP aligned with whatever account I used to download it. That means if I switch my PSP to an Australian one to play it, I can't play any of my US store downloads.

Someone needs to make a program to toggle (or even auto-detect) multiple PSN accounts on a single PSP.

Buddy4point0
December 13th, 2007, 20:03
awsome!
im going to download this asap and test it out.

i cannot wait to try it

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 20:05
I can't wait :)

Veskgar
December 13th, 2007, 20:54
This game shows what the PSP was made for. The gameplay, visuals, audio, features, multiplayer, etc. make this the one game that probably utilizes all of the PSP's capabilities their best.

FINALLY a game that lets you play your own MP3's for a truly custom soundtrack. And FINALLY a game that does Infrastructure multiplayer right.

This is yet another game that should pave the way for future standards of PSP games. I can't wait for the US release. For now, I'll have to play the EUROPE release.

Accordion
December 13th, 2007, 21:15
Playing it since Tuesday, thanks to Gamestop in Birmingham releasing it early.

Absolutely brilliant, fixes all of Pure's problems, and the grid system make progression much more fun. Custom soundtracks from mp3s, screen shots, and custom skins are great additions, though it would be good if the additional tracks from Pure were compatible.

All i need now is Wipeout HD and i'll be very happy.

blackrave
December 13th, 2007, 22:11
Since I already own WipEout Pure, and have owned it since I bought my PSP 18 months ago, I have been pondering whether or not this would be worth a purchase. After all, most reviews claim it's just more of the same old, but "with a few additions". But with IGN's review, and Veskgar and Accordion's recommendations, I'll consider it higher, at least try out the demo. :)

Really, infrastructure multiplayer support? That's awesome.

Accordion
December 14th, 2007, 02:38
Since I already own WipEout Pure, and have owned it since I bought my PSP 18 months ago, I have been pondering whether or not this would be worth a purchase. After all, most reviews claim it's just more of the same old, but "with a few additions". But with IGN's review, and Veskgar and Accordion's recommendations, I'll consider it higher, at least try out the demo. :)

Really, infrastructure multiplayer support? That's awesome.

Having a Zone mode for every track is worth the money on its own.

MicroNut
December 15th, 2007, 00:56
This game rocks!
Been playing pulse for the last few days now...
lots of improvements since the first demo...

Wipeout HD is next... January08 I hope!

jeegee
December 16th, 2007, 22:44
Yup! Fantastic game, ingame mp3s are a TOP feature:thumbup: skin editor is awesome too. Cant wait to unlock Auricom team so i can apply my skin :)