PDA

View Full Version : No mod support in UT III PS3!

Shrygue
December 13th, 2007, 18:44
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177522)

The US retail version of Unreal Tournament III (for PS3) is without the much-hyped PC mod support due to "legal/release issues", Epic programmer Josh Adams has admitted.

Much noise was made about the PS3 being an open development, allowing for UT III to support PC mods on the console. Yet the final game has sneakily turned up without its mod support features, because they weren't ready on time.

"The PS3 mod tools aren't quite ready yet," confessed Adams, after baffled gamers tried their best to apply PC mods to the PS3 game. "We are working through some final legal/release issues."

F9zDark
December 13th, 2007, 19:14
Damn. I hope this changes soon though. I put this game on my christmas list because it supported PC mods...

JKKDARK
December 13th, 2007, 20:01
Damn. I hope this changes soon though.

No, it's not possible. There are more 360 users caring about the mod than PS3 users.

Triv1um
December 13th, 2007, 20:16
Thats one game off my to buy list.

goity
December 13th, 2007, 20:24
This is complete baiting. It's obvious that they just didn't have time to finalise the licensing before release, and once it's sorted out then a patch will be released. In case nobody has noticed, he says "...aren't quite ready yet."
That means it's coming.

F9zDark
December 13th, 2007, 22:04
No, it's not possible. There are more 360 users caring about the mod than PS3 users.

Uh Microsoft already said UT3 will NOT support user-made mods, as opposed to Sony. So quit with the stupid fanf@g shit already.

And the reason Microshaft doesn't want user made mods? Because the majority of players who play moddable games, play 3rd party mods rather than buy official mods.

NoQuarter
December 13th, 2007, 22:25
I think it'll come,there's just too much user demand for it.

DPyro
December 13th, 2007, 22:40
Well, considering UT3 almost got pushed back to 2008 I wouldn't complain too much. It's still coming, all they need to do is release a patch to allow it.

F9zDark
December 14th, 2007, 04:44
And Keyboard+Mouse control is a plus, but I wonder if they made cross platform compatibility with the PC.

Would be sweet, play UT3 on my PS3, online with my friends on PC.

Accordion
December 14th, 2007, 10:57
And Keyboard+Mouse control is a plus, but I wonder if they made cross platform compatibility with the PC.

Would be sweet, play UT3 on my PS3, online with my friends on PC.

Its already confirmed there will be no cross platform play.
It is becase the gameplay speed of the console versions is slower, even with keyboard and mouse you wouldn't be able to keep up with the PC users.

DarthPaul
December 14th, 2007, 17:14
Wow such a disappointment..

Uh Microsoft already said UT3 will NOT support user-made mods, as opposed to Sony. So quit with the stupid fanf@g shit already.

:thumbup: