PDA

View Full Version : Donations for Devs

wraggster
July 24th, 2005, 10:45
If it werent for the likes of Nem then Mr Marakichi, Sougen, Nexis2600 and the many other great Devs who give so much of their time to a young scene like our PSP scene, then we wouldnt be where we are at now.

So what im suggesting is a PSP Scene wide, effort to donate to the Devvers/Coders who have given us their massive time to reward the public with gifts of emulators games and apps beyond our dreams until near on 4 months ago.

I personally think that a site like PS2Dev should host a "Fund" for us all to donate too so that coders can be given the chance to maybe get a little back.

Another thing is to have paypal donation links on every release page so that the Dev who released that software can maybe get something back.

If any Devs or site ops want to voice comments about what we should do as a SCENE then lets do it.

SoQb0nc5r
July 24th, 2005, 12:36
*tumbleweed*

lol, i aint got any money ^^ soz

Smiths
July 25th, 2005, 03:24
I dunno. I've always seen it as "if a dev has a special request, they build a reputation among the community and can ask for assistance if need be."

I like your outgoingness wragg, but I think it sounds more like a "Charity" than anything.

The best thing a homebrew usuing person can do is to save their money and not give it to "Premium" garbage, which shows absolutely no support of the developers at all.

I've seen defense of that like "Donating lets the site afford great prizes the devs can win!"
That makes me smack my head against the desk.
You don't develop programs every day for hours for a "raffle".
I can understand entering a developing contest (a legit one), but that's the same way you enter any form of anything.

But to suggest giving money to a site that posts freely available information (the latest trend seems to be "rape IGN") as a means of "supporting developers" is utter crap.

Save your money and if a developer is in a pinch or needs something, then you're contributing to the "Rainy day"