PDA

View Full Version : Marble WIP

wraggster
December 13th, 2007, 23:08
Noda has posted news and screens of his Game for the DS coming soon:

http://noda.free.fr/nds/marble2.png

As part of my course of computer graphics this year, it was necessary to carry out a project related to the field so ... Knowing we could propose its own subject, so I chose tater hardware 3D for the DS

The basic idea is to have a ball, we moved in a kind of maze, to accomplish a goal in a limited time (not very original in principle, but I found it in the middle of an annoying ... at the beginning I thought of a Falldown 3D)

The project is to pay for December 20, and in this case it is almost finished, but to say that as it is more a technical demo a game (for the moment .. .)

So I do a lot mumuse, here at the moment which is managed:

- Physics engine for the ball, which manages the moment a space in 2.5 D (collisions 3D will come later)
- 3D dual screen, with the choice mode continuity (1 single large screen) or 2 different views
- Skybox for the global environment
- Simulating light spot
- Projected shadows and cut through the stencil buffer
- Porting gluSphere ()
- Motion blur on the ball
- Display 2D over the scene (always using the hard 3D)
- MP3 music and sounds managed by the SA lib (made in passing)
- Bonuses and special pieces (I leave you surprised by the effect of "mushroom")
- 1 level alone for the moment (though the system of links and data structures are ready) ...

The scene of screen 2 is run by approximately 35% of cpu, knowing that there is still room for optimization, so I add a few what belongings ...

Otherwise where it becomes interesting is that I will continue this project for a course of the 2nd session called "project" Sympa, the courts in Canada

So what will be a priori added:

- Level editor!
Environment-map on the ball, I also tried to manage spécularité with a kind of décal (spécularité hard being limited and very ugly, it's gouraud and not phong ...)
- And various elements vary for contriuber to wealth levels (and make the game a minimum interesting ...)
- Passage of the physics engine in 3D real
- Bump mapping? Ca me try Well, faudrai I captures Payk to find out how he managed ca ...
- New items (see below)

http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?p=162504#post162504

gronne
December 14th, 2007, 01:08
Looks really nice, I'll have to try it out tomorrow... now sleep!

Sigma83
December 14th, 2007, 01:20
Looks great, will check it out for sure when it's released.

XDelusion
December 14th, 2007, 02:59
I CAN NOT wait to try this! Looks like one of those things I've been waiting for!

Now if only someone will write a Warlords clone for the new Arkanoid controller. :)

havoc_012
December 14th, 2007, 08:07
Wow, very nice graphics for a homebrew game.

gronne
December 14th, 2007, 09:56
Oh, maybe I should have read some more :/ I guess I won't be trying it out today.. Will though when it's released =)