PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

fresheadies
December 14th, 2007, 20:41
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to give a big shout to everyone here and I hope I'll be able to help some people out and receive some help too. Speaking of which, I copied my Legacy of Kain cd to my computer as a .CUE/.BIN. No problem there, done it plenty of times. But when I import the cuesheet (.CUE) in Fireburner, three audio tracks appear below the game data track. I've burned the copy as is way too many times unsuccessfully. Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2007, 20:47
Sorry but according to to the rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=26&a=4), we can't help you.

fresheadies
December 14th, 2007, 21:10
I see your point, but like I said, I am making a backup copy from the original that I own. I am backing up all of my purchased Dreamcast games to preserve the fragile original copies. Which is my legal right. Can anyone help a fellow Dreamcast supporter out?

beetroot bertie
December 14th, 2007, 21:53
Sorry, them's the rules.

But howdy anyway :D

JKKDARK
December 14th, 2007, 22:02
I see your point, but like I said, I am making a backup copy from the original that I own. I am backing up all of my purchased Dreamcast games to preserve the fragile original copies. Which is my legal right. Can anyone help a fellow Dreamcast supporter out?

I know, but also we can't help you about making backups.

fresheadies
December 14th, 2007, 22:50
Hmm, I see. Apparently I can't talk about legal actions on this forum. But what's up with the plethora of other threads concerning .CDI's, bootable discs, etc.?

fresheadies
December 14th, 2007, 23:37
I'm confused about my posting being illegitimate on the forums when there are lengthy threads concerned with much more sensitive matters right below mine . The main difference I can find is that the other thread starters just seem to be "in" with this community with many more posts than me. Could this be it? :-P. In all seriousness though, I'm aware of how these things work, and forums can be tough nuts to crack. I'm not a newb to this type of scene and would just appreciate it, from one lifetime gamer to another, if anyone could just tell me where to put the audio tracks or if I simply need to create a multi session CD. Feel free to contact me by email if you'd prefer. Just ask for it. Thanks.

beetroot bertie
December 15th, 2007, 15:40
I understand your confusion but some of talk about CDI's and bootable discs is quite legit as a great deal of homebrew is released in the disc juggler format and people genuinely have problems getting them to work. That's perhaps why some people could be discussing them.

Of course some might not be legitimately discussing them or have not been noticed yet. Either way discussing backing up or burning warez is not allowed for obvious reasons and could seriously affect the wellbeing of this site.

I don't think anyone is trying to be unhelpful to new members but we all have to be mindful of the rules and what you're asking for at the moment shouldn't be discussed.

fresheadies
December 15th, 2007, 19:24
I appreciate the legit responses from you guys at least, you guys seems to be somewhat understanding. I figured out my problem anyway. I simply tried using DJ like normal and presto, works like a charm w/Utopia.