PDA

View Full Version : 1.50 kernal burned into flash

Zin0099
December 15th, 2007, 12:55
i updated recently to 3.71m33-4 from 3.71m33-3
and found it very buggy
-theme settings would flash my psp
so i was stuck with choosing a color like green only no background or icon theme would flash after formatting flash1
-all my homebrew worked except gba emulater would start, but was stuck and couldn't load any rom

so i decided let's go back to 3.52m33-4
so i flashed 3.52m33 psp didn't work at all my psp turned pitch black and would stay on after i turned it on

so used pandora battery and now back on 3.71m33-3
but here's weird part i didn't install kernal addon 1 or 2
and i am able to still use the 1.50 kernal so i think the 15o addons could be somehow burned into the psp it's self

warning don't do what i did to my psp you could damage your psp(flashing from a higher firmware and then back to 3.52m33-4 without your trusty pandora battery and magic mem I use datel's tool battery great for you non-hombrew users plus get the pandora gui from dl.qj.net)

NoQuarter
December 15th, 2007, 21:05
Hmm, your theme settings are always flashed when set from the XMB.For instance if you set a wallpaper a bmp copy of the original is stored in the flash.
As far as I know your flash should have been formatted when you installed the CFW,weird...

one winged angel
December 16th, 2007, 15:28
exactly what homebrew did you use try snes9xtyl 0.42 me since it uses 1.5 kernel