PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ratchet & Clank Size Matters To Get PS2 Upgrade

JKKDARK
December 15th, 2007, 23:21
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/ports/rumor-ratchet--clank-size-matters-to-get-ps2-upgrade-334352.php)

It looks like High Impact Games' portable take on the Ratchet & Clank series may be the latest PSP game to get a PlayStation 2 port. A listing for Ratchet & Clank Size Matters for the PS2 was uncovered by the eagle eyed staff at Joystiq today, one which points to the game shipping for the console February of next year. It's listed at $29.99, ten dollars cheaper than the PSP original.

While we don't have official word yet—we're waiting to hear back from SCEA—it certainly wouldn't surprise us to see yet another PSP game ported to the PS2. With one-time exclusive PSP titles such as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Twisted Metal: Head On, Tokobot and (allegedly) Silent Hill Origins making the jump, it might just file under fiscally sensible.

Anonymous D
December 15th, 2007, 23:30
why do they insist on doing cheaper versions of psp "exclusives" iot just makes me and others more wary of buying the originals.

JKKDARK
December 15th, 2007, 23:38
Maybe the PSP versions are not doing very well like they wanted and then since the PS2 is still very successful, they just port it and it's cheaper. But less exclusive games on PSP is not good.

Accordion
December 16th, 2007, 00:18
Anything that keeps the best console having good games is good news.

DPyro
December 16th, 2007, 03:21
IMO they see the sales of PS2 and say "Think of all the money we could make if we ported this to PS2".

JKKDARK
December 16th, 2007, 13:05
IMO they see the sales of PS2 and say "Think of all the money we could make if we ported this to PS2".

I agree, I think they should do the same for PS3 games