PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

AvengedSevenfold Fan
December 16th, 2007, 16:26
I got one and it's amazing. I think you guys should invest in one, as it's not only amazing in what's preinstalled, but it has great homebrew potential. There are already a bunch of 3rd party apps on it plus a NES and GBA emulator, and they are extreamly easy to jailbreak. Simply go to jailbreakme.com through safari on it, and bam, it's done. And it actually runs OS X. I just think that it has a ton of potential, but if you look in the apple forums on here, the section is practically empty. Not advertising btw

bah
December 16th, 2007, 16:39
Touchscreen based controls are a severe limitation.

Some third party manufacturer could make a clip-on control add on, but it would ruin the 'sleek styling' etc.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
December 16th, 2007, 18:40
why do they limit anything?

JPJunkie
December 16th, 2007, 20:03
I might be getting one...

But isn't it just an iphone without the phone?

kcajblue
December 16th, 2007, 20:34
basically, but youre forgetting the camera.

that the other thing it doesnt have.

MasterChafed
December 17th, 2007, 05:22
I just got mine on Thurday. awesome. simply awesome. I have soo many 3rd party apps installed. and yes the touch screen can sometimes be limiting such as when trying to graph something in my sketches app. but, then again,it is always easy to just make a stylus out of a pencil and some aluminum foil. works like a charm. I absolutely love this thing.

kcajblue
December 17th, 2007, 05:46
master!!!

i havent seen you in a while.

but yeah. on the subject of the ipod touch. im gonna get one cause i hate my stupid ipod shuffle and am in need of a new ipod.

lmtlmt
December 17th, 2007, 08:34
if your going to get an ipod touch you might as well go for an 8GB iphone.

HeLL_RaiSeR101
December 17th, 2007, 14:36
lmtlmt u cant get iphones (cept if there unlocked) in canada... But i can however get a touch i went to future shop (electronics store) and they said they had thousands in backroom and that they sold about 400 a day dont know how true that is but im getting a touch for christmas!

bah
December 17th, 2007, 15:13
why do they limit anything?

Because they have no tactile feedback and take up screen space (especially for something like SNES/PS1 with many buttons).

Touch-screens are great for SCUMM style point and click games though.

Accordion
December 17th, 2007, 20:03
if your going to get an ipod touch you might as well go for an 8GB iphone.

Only if you want an extortionate contract, an awful camera, and half the storage.

Ipod touch will get web phone capabilities soon also.

As for homebrew, the delivery via Installer is very professional, NES and GBA work very well on the touch screen for slower paced games [FF/Zelda/etc] and SCUMM, iphysics, lights out are close to perfect.
The November 'app a day' series are quite fun to have a look at.

kcajblue
December 17th, 2007, 22:41
i really dont want an iphone.

i dont think its worth it.

and i already have a phone.

so id just get an ipod touch, and keep my old phone or get a viewty.