PDA

View Full Version : PSP 2000 Slim - Custom FW install help?

parabolee
December 17th, 2007, 01:26
Hi, I bought my original PSP on launch and really kept up with the homebrew scene up to the Pandora's battery release.

However been a little out of touch since then and I am about to upgrade to a PSP 2000 and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to save me some time and let me know what the process is to get the latest Dark Alex FW on the PSP 2000. Is a simple install or do I need to do anything special like the Pandora's Battery first?

Also what are the shortcomings and advantages of the PSP Slim (2000) when using custom FW (obviously I know about the 2000's additional features).

Also should I try and get the white one or will I be happier with Piano black? In your personal opinions.

THANKS!

mike_jmg
December 17th, 2007, 04:57
yep, you'll need to create a pandora's battery, probably with your phat psp from launch.

There's an autoinstaller I used, that works great it's called pandora's box, look for it, I don't know where to get it anymore cause the link got deleted, but you may be able to find it elsewhere.

You wont need a spare battery and MS, because both can be converted back to normal, just hit the option backup eproom before you modify your battery, and after you're done using it, hit the option flash eproom to restore your battery. Memory stick just needs to be formated

I don't know about you but I got kind of tired of black, cause my phat is black, and I'm in hopes of getting a Daxter pack with the Ice Silver PSP wich IMAO is the best color (already made my pandora's battery and MS but I don't have my Slim yet LOL)

edit: shot, i forgot, theres more, if you do use the autoinstaller you'll need to put a few more things on the MS, cause that one is for the unbricker that installs 1.5.

Just put updates 150.PBP(1.5), 340.PBP(3.40), 371.PBP(3.71) with those names, on the root of the MS, and despertar_cementerio v3 on PSP/GAME, then run it from the XMB on the phat and you're good to go

parabolee
December 17th, 2007, 05:14
Thanks, sounds like you are about ready for the same procedure a me. I'm only keeping my fat until I have my slim up and running then I'll sell it.

Still not sure if I should get a white or black. Would like the white Star Wars one, but I do like my PSP to match my PS3 and I think the battlefront that comes with the new PSP is crappy.

I will be doing this procedure before the end of the week so I will keep you in the loop in this thread so you know what you have in store when you go through it yourself.

Thanks!

mike_jmg
December 17th, 2007, 05:24
I'll try to look for the autoinstaller

I don't have a ps3 so I don't have anything to match with haha, also, the crappy part of starwars bundle is the Starwars Battlefront Game, It looked promising but I didn't like it at all, darth vader drawing is not that far behind

mike_jmg
December 17th, 2007, 05:44
Haha, I found a GUI for Despertar_cementerio V3

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nlcnnmxx45

parabolee
December 17th, 2007, 15:54
Cool, is this the auto installer for Pandora's Battery?

Thanks

parabolee
December 17th, 2007, 16:13
Er this is all in Spanish. Any English version?

parabolee
December 17th, 2007, 16:19
Is this the Pandora's Box program that you used? -

http://bcent2007.blogspot.com/2007/09/pandoras-box-unbrick-any-psp.html

hodgy47
December 18th, 2007, 01:09
go here this is a good program for pandora works on slims fats unbricks, its awesome..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254

Mune
December 20th, 2007, 19:43
Sorry to post in this topic, but for the most part my question is the same as his minus any experience with PSPs or the homebrew seen.

Basically, I want to get CFW on my new Slim, which is my firsty PSP. I have two friends with phat PSPs (I believe one is needed to get the CFW to work?) who would more probably help me out. Is there a step by step process for anyone who knows nothing about installing CFW on a PSP (Lite)? I'd rather not screw up my, or my friend's, PSP in the process.

Thanks. :)

hodgy47
December 21st, 2007, 03:17
Sorry to post in this topic, but for the most part my question is the same as his minus any experience with PSPs or the homebrew seen.

Basically, I want to get CFW on my new Slim, which is my firsty PSP. I have two friends with phat PSPs (I believe one is needed to get the CFW to work?) who would more probably help me out. Is there a step by step process for anyone who knows nothing about installing CFW on a PSP (Lite)? I'd rather not screw up my, or my friend's, PSP in the process.

Thanks. :)

Like i said above follow that link awesome pogram runs from the psp fat with cfw and then run on slim to go straight to 3.71m33 easy an no mspformat or the like on the pc does it all on psp for you.