PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for more group memberships (ADMINS PLEASE READ)

JKKDARK
December 17th, 2007, 19:25
N64 backup unit user
iPhone user
iTouch user
iPod user
JXD301 user
UIQ 2 phone user
UIQ 3 phone user
Tapwave Zodiac user
Pocket PC user
first-gen N-Gage user
second-gen N-Gage user
Symbian 60 phone user
Pandora user
PlayStation user

What do you think? :)

Buddy4point0
December 18th, 2007, 05:10
i think the ipod itouch and iphone ones would be legit.
but cmon i really dont think we need any of the others

JKKDARK
December 18th, 2007, 05:14
They are all active homebrew systems, what's wrong?

Buddy4point0
December 18th, 2007, 05:54
o rly?
well then i don't see why not.
even if they are scarce im sure there are still users of all of these

Napalm-Death
December 20th, 2007, 01:10
JKK, I agree with your suggestion.

kcajblue
December 20th, 2007, 02:02
i wouldnt mind if they were all made.

and its better to have one for it rather than not have it at all right?

beetroot bertie
December 20th, 2007, 23:07
Free gifts for members!

Triv1um
December 20th, 2007, 23:28
iPhone user
iTouch user
iPod user
Pocket PC user

I agree with these, others would be pointless as none-will get picked over, the others.

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2007, 00:30
iPhone user
iTouch user
iPod user
Pocket PC user

I agree with these, others would be pointless as none-will get picked over, the others.

UIQ 2/UIQ 3/Symbian 60 phones are very popular actually.
JXD301 still wasn't released, but it will get a lot of homebrew.
About the Tapwave Zodiac.. since we have Gizmondo, why not Tapwave Zodiac?
First-gen N-Gage is too cheap, plus it's a video game handheld and has good homebrew.
Second-gen N-Gage still wasn't released, but it will be a hit and homebrew stuff will appear.
Not many people have a N64 backup unit, but since we have a Nintendo 64 section, getting a N64 backup unit is the only way to get homebrew on it.

gdf
December 21st, 2007, 19:10
We need non-homebrew systems tbh. Like SNES.

SnesR0X
December 21st, 2007, 20:19
Agreed, that would be the one for me

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2007, 20:29
mm I'm still waiting for an answer from a staff member...

... :confused:

SnesR0X
December 21st, 2007, 20:39
mm I'm still waiting for an answer from a staff member...

... :confused:

Lack of talent?:p

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2007, 20:54
Lack of talent?:p

Nah, I'm famous (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/JKKDARK) :)

Maybe if I post illegal links, they will read my thread inmediately :)

Shrygue
December 21st, 2007, 21:10
....and get infracted for it. Then again, it wouldn't surprise you becuase you've been infracted by all of us so many times for various offences.

Anyway, those suggested usersgroups look good. Of course, only someone like Kaiser or soLLy would be able to add those if we decided to have them added to the current list.

gdf
December 21st, 2007, 22:38
*JKKDARK page edited*

Sangubashi, I've asked before but they just basically said no.

Shrygue
December 21st, 2007, 23:21
Well, it's down to the administrators if they want to add it or not for whatever reason or none.

gdf
December 22nd, 2007, 00:07
I see no reason not to, I mean, it's called the "Homebrew and Gaming Network".

S34MU5
December 22nd, 2007, 18:29
We need non-homebrew systems tbh. Like SNES.

This is a homebrew and emulation forum :P

VampDude
December 22nd, 2007, 22:10
This is a homebrew and emulation forum :P

Aswell as somewhere to discuss the latest games, Xbox360 Wii and PS3 don't have homebrew yet :p

gdf
December 22nd, 2007, 22:22
No. It's the "Homebrew and Gaming" network, implying that it is also a gaming forum.

How are you doing dude? Haven't seen you around for ages.

VampDude
December 22nd, 2007, 23:06
No. It's the "Homebrew and Gaming" network, implying that it is also a gaming forum.

Also implying from the word "Gaming" that even if the console doesn't have homebrew yet that it's still coverable in the news and discussion sections.

How are you doing dude? Haven't seen you around for ages.

I'm ok, and very busy lately, I'm off again at 5:56am on Monday which sucks cause I'll be gone for Christmas with no broadband access (I refuse to use dialup), but the only cool thing is that I will be opening an Xbox360 Elite on Christmas day which will probably keep me going until when I get back in the New Year ( January 2nd) which I will probably ditch all my clothes and other presents before coming back to bring the 360 home with me. :cool:

JKKDARK
December 23rd, 2007, 16:48
I added another one: Pandora user.

We wish any admin will not ignore us.. :(

Man
December 23rd, 2007, 18:53
As long as the ipod touch one is : iPod Touch User, instead of : itouch user then im down with it.

Mark30001
December 23rd, 2007, 20:44
I added another one: Pandora user.

We wish any admin will not ignore us.. :(

It's not that, we have been faced with a TON of problems on the forums & databases, especially after this week's downtime. For example, some of the moderator permissions have been altered/removed. Chances are that some forum settings will be changed to default as we are working out problems. So if we were to add any groups now, they might just get deleted over.

We'll see about adding more group memberships once all issues are resolved. :)

JKKDARK
December 23rd, 2007, 20:56
Ok ok then, we will wait :)

gdf
December 23rd, 2007, 21:30
Yay for Mark.

souLLy
December 24th, 2007, 00:46
What mark said, but JKKDark those are some really obscure user groups, can you really see anyone using the ones you suggested?

JKKDARK
December 24th, 2007, 02:04
What mark said, but JKKDark those are some really obscure user groups, can you really see anyone using the ones you suggested?

But there are sections for all these systems here. Besides the N64 backup unit, all the other systems are (and will be) easy to get. There is homebrew stuff on these systems and are still active.

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2007, 18:03
Also implying from the word "Gaming" that even if the console doesn't have homebrew yet that it's still coverable in the news and discussion sections.

True.

Linux/BSD/Mac user groups a possibility then? Or maybe Saturn, PS1, etc?

JKKDARK
December 24th, 2007, 18:16
Nah nah nah, forget these PC related groups. Saturn is already available. And I forgot about the original PlayStation, I will add it on the first post.

gdf
December 24th, 2007, 22:55
What about Game Gear *s*******

What the ****!

Ah it had the n-word in it.

*sn!gger*

There we go.

Junixx
December 24th, 2007, 23:00
True.

I'd join the Linux user group.

gdf
December 24th, 2007, 23:02
What if we had game groups. Like "Zelda Fan", or "Final Fantasy Fan".

Sonicboy 101
December 24th, 2007, 23:03

Sonic fan! :)

JKKDARK
December 24th, 2007, 23:05
Please I made the topic about homebrew active systems. Don't post random ideas.

Gold Line
December 24th, 2007, 23:07

gdf thats the best idea ever! i would love to have thing to say "Zelda Fan" or "Uber Leet!" or "Milkshake Man"

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2007, 04:58
Nah nah nah, forget these PC related groups. Saturn is already available. And I forgot about the original PlayStation, I will add it on the first post.

I figured if it is a homebrew and gaming site, why not include the PC/Mac stuff?

JKKDARK
December 25th, 2007, 05:50
I figured if it is a homebrew and gaming site, why not include the PC/Mac stuff?

Because 99,9% of the members already have a computer.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2007, 15:29
Because 99,9% of the members already have a computer.

And 10% actively run Linux, BSD, or Mac. About 3% play emulators in those os's. That's probably about the same amount of people who still run homebrew on their Saturn (I am one of the few who still do I believe).

JKKDARK
December 25th, 2007, 17:00
And 10% actively run Linux, BSD, or Mac. About 3% play emulators in those os's. That's probably about the same amount of people who still run homebrew on their Saturn (I am one of the few who still do I believe).
Ok, but I think a better name would be "PC user".

the_eternal_dark
December 28th, 2007, 19:06
Ok, but I think a better name would be "PC user".

PC user implies that most likely that person uses a version of Windows. Mac isn't PC either.

How about:

Linux PC user

BSD PC user

Solaris PC user

Not a PC user (Mac)

JKKDARK
December 28th, 2007, 19:20
PC user implies that most likely that person uses a version of Windows. Mac isn't PC either.

How about:

Linux PC user

BSD PC user

Solaris PC user

Not a PC user (Mac)
PC: Personal Computer.

There are many and different OS's, it would be a long list for something which is not very supported here (You don't see many stickies or lists related to emulation on PC).
Also another example: not all the emulator for Windows XP are working on Windows Vista. If we have OS groups, we would have "Windows XP" and "Windows Vista", and it's a long list.

Triv1um
December 28th, 2007, 21:39
Ubuntu User would be good.

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2007, 00:14
PC: Personal Computer.

There are many and different OS's, it would be a long list for something which is not very supported here (You don't see many stickies or lists related to emulation on PC).
Also another example: not all the emulator for Windows XP are working on Windows Vista. If we have OS groups, we would have "Windows XP" and "Windows Vista", and it's a long list.

If you were going to narrow down the lists down to specific versions, you'd be here for days. That's why there would only be broad listings such as Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac, and not specifics for say Win2k, Mac 10.3, Ubuntu 6.06, or Fedora Core 4. The list would go longer than you'd think if you included all past versions of windows, mac, bsd, linux, solaris, beos, haiku, reactos, etc. We'd be here all day debating what to put on that list.

I propose a customized user group, in which a user can put what ever they want in that group field, and once a mod has approved the customized tag, the user can use that specific tag if he/she/it wants. Limit one only, your mileage may vary.

JKKDARK
December 29th, 2007, 01:55
mm sorry but I don't agree. I still think "PC user" is the best option.

the_eternal_dark
December 30th, 2007, 00:46
mm sorry but I don't agree. I still think "PC user" is the best option.

This brings us to the "PC vs Mac" commercials. Most people will still assume PC means a computer running Windows and not "personal computer".

kcajblue
December 30th, 2007, 02:22
ive always thought pc means personal computer.

ive never thought it as a computer with windows, i just considered a pc a computer in general.

xg917
December 30th, 2007, 02:51
ive never heard anyone call a mac a PC. just mac. and everyone i know that name their computer a PC has windows. so um yea idk where im going but end of question. thats how most people see it i guess

umm kcajblue how did u get the "The Filipino Guy" under your name?

kcajblue
December 30th, 2007, 03:00
its actually been like that for a pretty long time already.

but i used forum magic to do it. ;)

nah, u gotta ask an admin to do it.

JKKDARK
December 30th, 2007, 14:10
PC means Personal Computer, no one can't change it and it's for all the computers.

parkermauney
December 30th, 2007, 20:49
Nah, I'm famous (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/JKKDARK) :)

Maybe if I post illegal links, they will read my thread inmediately :)

JKKDARK es /b/tard?

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2007, 00:59
PC means Personal Computer, no one can't change it and it's for all the computers.

I'm not petitioning to change the official meaning of PC. I'm saying it's kind of irritating when someone asks another "PC" user how to remove a virus from Windows XP, while the "PC" user runs Debian and hasn't touched or thought about using windows in years. Everyday users assume "PC's" are Windows computers, most people here may even assume the same thing.

So, if we had a PC user group, I propose we make it customizable, say by allowing the user to type the os they use into a field, save it, then apply it to their profile.

Simple as PC "Ubuntu" User or PC "Windows Vista" User. Quotes optional.

"PC User" is too broad. That's like having "Sega User" or "Nintendo User", not everyone loves every console by Sega or Nintendo, but may just only like the Dreamcast or the Wii.

And why doesn't dcemu cover more emulators or homebrew for PC? There are TONS of crap out there to report on.

souLLy
December 31st, 2007, 01:03
JKKDARK es /b/tard?

nah, looks like he was just on the receiving end of some anonymous love

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2007, 01:24
I'm not petitioning to change the official meaning of PC. I'm saying it's kind of irritating when someone asks another "PC" user how to remove a virus from Windows XP, while the "PC" user runs Debian and hasn't touched or thought about using windows in years. Everyday users assume "PC's" are Windows computers, most people here may even assume the same thing.

So, if we had a PC user group, I propose we make it customizable, say by allowing the user to type the os they use into a field, save it, then apply it to their profile.

Simple as PC "Ubuntu" User or PC "Windows Vista" User. Quotes optional.

"PC User" is too broad. That's like having "Sega User" or "Nintendo User", not everyone loves every console by Sega or Nintendo, but may just only like the Dreamcast or the Wii.

And why doesn't dcemu cover more emulators or homebrew for PC? There are TONS of crap out there to report on.

And we don't have to assume PCs are only Windows users. It's not my problem, people should be less ignorant then.
Wikipedia is one of the most visited sites in the net, people should read what's personal computer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer).

And yes, DCEmu didn't give good support to the PC homebrew scene (which is the biggest, compared with the consoles and handhelds). Check the PC news section, I always post homebrew news and releases there.

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2007, 01:58
And we don't have to assume PCs are only Windows users. It's not my problem, people should be less ignorant then.
Wikipedia is one of the most visited sites in the net, people should read what's personal computer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer).

And yes, DCEmu didn't give good support to the PC homebrew scene (which is the biggest, compared with the consoles and handhelds). Check the PC news section, I always post homebrew news and releases there.

People will always be ignorant....

I noticed there is a lot of homebrew news posted by you there recently. But there really isn't any news on new emulator releases or any news from the free gaming community, including games such as Urban Terror and Nexuiz, etc. I love those games.

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2007, 03:30
People will always be ignorant....

I noticed there is a lot of homebrew news posted by you there recently. But there really isn't any news on new emulator releases or any news from the free gaming community, including games such as Urban Terror and Nexuiz, etc. I love those games.

I try to post all the related homebrew news, probably most of them are and will be about emulators or plugins. Besides some Arcade emulators, I'm sure I posted about all the new updates from emulators recently. Also I made a list of emulators in the PC emulation forum, where I include the most important emulators for every platform.

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2007, 09:54
I try to post all the related homebrew news, probably most of them are and will be about emulators or plugins. Besides some Arcade emulators, I'm sure I posted about all the new updates from emulators recently. Also I made a list of emulators in the PC emulation forum, where I include the most important emulators for every platform.

It's been a while since I've been over that way (the forums), I'll have to check it out soon.

Well, JKKDARK, dcemu, it is bed time for me. Goodnight.