PDA

View Full Version : Maplus vs Mapthis

hatesony
December 17th, 2007, 21:06
Hello. I have managed to get hold of a copy of the first Maplus program and managed to find the equivalent screen of the Sat info screen on Mapthis.

My question is this. Is it possible to de-compile the eboot.bin/boot.bin to find out how the program works?

My reason for this is. I find that it picks up many more sats than Mapthis and locks on much quicker. It also hols onto those locked on sats even after shifting the psp away from my window.

I know, Mapthis version, PSP FW, extension lead etc can all have an effect on the signal, but Maplus seems more stable and less flaky.

I dont mean to degrade what Deniska etc have done so far, but it seems that this would be a move in the right direction as to the Satellite Lock issues seen by many users on different firmwares etc.

I have also tried Maplus and Mapthis on various CFW's and it always out performs on the sat locks.

Deniska, Nieko you're doing a fantastic job and I hope something maybe possible.. :)

zerodays
December 18th, 2007, 02:15
That is interesting, I always thought GPS sat/locks are limited by the HWs..

deniska
December 18th, 2007, 05:47
I have been playing with Maplus about a year ago and did not notice any difference in reception between maplus and the "greenscreen" test program that I wrote..
You should get similar reception in mapthis if you lower the clock to 222 or 111 mhz..
Still it would be interesting to see if other people try both and report the results..

As far as reverse engineering the program - it's not worth it for a number of reasons..

hatesony
December 20th, 2007, 19:11
Thanks for the reply. I am going to do some tests at some point over Xmas or in the New Year.

Deniska, you mention it's not worth it for a number of reasons but is it actually possible, and how would I go about it. How could I decompile back to C etc?

Thanks for any info and have a fine Xmas and New Year

:D