PDA

View Full Version : 3rd generation PSP Coming Soon?

wraggster
December 20th, 2007, 21:57
An interesting bit of news posted by Mathieulh (http://www.lan.st/showthread.php?t=1580)

While working on the future 3.80M33, we found a VERY interesting string in the IPL's playload: "/kd/pspbtcnf_03g.bin"

For those who do not understand here is a bit of history:

since 2.71 and especially in 2.80, we could see a string refering to pspbtcnf_02g which suggested the support of a new hardware or at least of a new operative mode. Later with the slim release we found out that the slim's codename was this infamous 02g (proably standing for second generation) and that it used the _02g modules as well as pspbtcnf_02g
.bin. It means that they worked on slim firmware/kernel for months before the actual hardware was announced/released.

We believe it is the same with the 3rd generation hardware which they are now preparing for sure. Will it be yet another lighter (and pandora proof) psp or will it be the new psp phone ? Time will tell

Interesting thoughts from one of the premier PSP Hackers.

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2007, 22:44
I doubt Sony will make another PSP revision. If they wanted to make a PSP that can't work with Pandora's Battery, they could probably find another way to do so without making an entirely new PSP.

carlitx
December 21st, 2007, 01:23
if they redo the psp they are gonna pull a sega and end up screwing them selves over marketing wise. who the hell wants to keep buying newer models to keep up with updates and stuff. and than the person who wants a psp for th first time will end up not buying b/c sony is constantly changing.

urherenow
December 21st, 2007, 01:31
why all the repeat news here lately? Makes it hard to keep track of threads...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82207

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2007, 03:04
They are trying to copy Nintendo but they can't :p

mike_jmg
December 21st, 2007, 06:44
I doubt Sony will make another PSP revision. If they wanted to make a PSP that can't work with Pandora's Battery, they could probably find another way to do so without making an entirely new PSP.

I don't think so, IMO is like the only way they could, but who knows maybe it'll still work:p

If they ever release a third psp, is going to be too much for my wallet, I'm hardly getting the slim.

but If they're taking sugestions (very not likely), I'd say: disappear the stupid umd format and stick in a micro HDD on its place. With access only to the PSN Store (yeah sure, specially the "only" part:p) :rofl:

acn010
December 21st, 2007, 16:49
They are trying to copy Nintendo but they can't :p

when in hell there copying nintendo???
its been ages systems are being updated, sony has been doing it for so long since the playstation came out...

oh please oh please bluetooth on dah psp XDD:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Qmark
December 21st, 2007, 17:34
I'm sticking with the theory from the other thread where this is merely a region-specific hardware, such a Japan-only PSPhone (or something) or a gimped Chinese version.

JKKDARK
December 21st, 2007, 20:26
when in hell there copying nintendo???
its been ages systems are being updated, sony has been doing it for so long since the playstation came out...

I was talking about updating the system too soon, like DS.