PDA

View Full Version : making my own prx [usbhost + media plugin]

scarletxfi
December 21st, 2007, 09:44
hello all..
I've looked all over the place and i have'nt seem to find a program that makes PSP prx.
I've a couple of ideas which i want to see get to work.
first of all.. I want to connect a keyboard (and possibly mouse) to the usb port {i've a cable where one side is USB-Female, the other is USB mini B) this can be useful in program such as DosBox, Afkim.. and maybe even replacing the OSK that there is now.
I'm thinking of a plugin (such as the VSH menu), that the psp will recognize the input from the keyboard.. is this possible? any suggestions?
Second, I noticed that some games use .bnk (bink movie files), so I'm thinking, if the game can read them.. why not make a prx plugin that can play BNK files thru the XMB?

making a prx which makes the usb port a "usbhost" will also be good (it will also work with any camera or any peripheral that would be added)
anyone know where i can find a file like this? or make one (which would be better)

btw I'm not new to the scene or c++. I'm new to PSP development.

appreciate the help..

NoQuarter
December 21st, 2007, 09:58
As far as I know it's not possible at the current time to make the psp behave as a usbhost, or it's not possible at all.
Check out ps2dev forums:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=d55f6ec578a6b42486eebfbe1c929c6e

scarletxfi
December 21st, 2007, 10:04
hmmm... then I'm wondering, how does the TV tuner, the GPS or the iGo camera?
I mean for them to work would'nt the psp need to be a host?