PDA

View Full Version : (UPDATE) PSP tutorial 3D: Loading a 3D object

Ghoti
December 21st, 2007, 12:51
Hi folks,

After being a little busy with the birth of my son I continued both my tutorialsite as the game Elementals(rewriting engine at the moment). Because I got a lot of requests about doing the object loader tutorial I have created it. It is a little bit long but it should not spoil the fun :thumbup:

3D obj loader

This tutorial gives a small intro to loading 3d objects. It is not the best way of loading 3D objects but it is to show you all how you can do it yourself. I also advice that you create loaders for other formats so you have more functionality ;)

At the end of the tutorial you will have this result:

http://www.ghoti.nl/Tutorials/tut12b_ss.jpg

It is a house I use in a desert place in the game Elementals. I hope you will enjoy the tutorial!

Tutorial 12: 3D objects (http://www.ghoti.nl/PSPtutorial12.php).

greets Ghoti

Sp3ct0r
December 21st, 2007, 22:32
Sweet! Nice one dude. :D

Safari Al
December 22nd, 2007, 00:17
i dont know if ill ever use these (because i dont code C) but im sure that this will benefit the psp homebrew scene for years to come :)

jeegee
December 22nd, 2007, 00:19
Kudos to you dude:thumbup:

Ghoti
December 22nd, 2007, 09:13
Sweet! Nice one dude. :D

Thanks! hope everyone likes them :D

i dont know if ill ever use these (because i dont code C) but im sure that this will benefit the psp homebrew scene for years to come :)
I hope so too! too few 3D homebrew game come out:(

Kudos to you dude:thumbup:

Thanks for the kudos :thumbup:

watupgroupie
December 22nd, 2007, 22:24
Ghoti you need to make a 3d game. Your tutorials are good and will help people to make 3d games but i think you need to make one to prove to everyone it can be done, there is a lot of non believers out there. Looking forward to the games that come out of these tuts!

Ghoti
December 22nd, 2007, 22:38
Ghoti you need to make a 3d game. Your tutorials are good and will help people to make 3d games but i think you need to make one to prove to everyone it can be done, there is a lot of non believers out there. Looking forward to the games that come out of these tuts!

Hi,

Yes I am busy at the moment with a 3D game :) but there are other 3D games out there; dungeons, that dice game, and some more so it is already proved :) but I hope my game will come out sometime :s its quite some work :s but progress is made :D

Safari Al
December 22nd, 2007, 23:06
Well for me once i finish my game i am currently working on i'm probably going to give C or C++ a shot. Once i get some basic knowledge and am able to, i will give 3D a shot ;) (long way away tho :()

Ghoti
December 23rd, 2007, 11:36
Well for me once i finish my game i am currently working on i'm probably going to give C or C++ a shot. Once i get some basic knowledge and am able to, i will give 3D a shot ;) (long way away tho :()
:thumbup: good luck and looking forward to the results !