PDA

View Full Version : MyRadio - Ultimate Internet Radio Hack

wraggster
December 22nd, 2007, 00:53
News/release from Torch:

MyRadio is an alternate player for the PSP's Internet Radio Player introduced in firmware 3.80 and upwards. It allows you to access your PC media library from your PSP over the WiFi connection, either on your LAN, or even over the Internet!

It is installed under the 3.80 firmware's Internet Radio menu, and hence requires firmware 3.80 to work.

You can browse through your PC media library, and playback MP3 and AAC tracks. It even supports reading M3U playlists.

You can also play online streaming playlists (such as ShoutCast playlists), if you download the PLS file from ShoutCast and put it in your PC media library.

Press the START button to mute/unmute the audio.
Use the arrow buttons on the right to quickly scroll one page at a time.
Press the "G" button on top to launch Google, so that you can browse while listening to music!

You need to have Apache up and running on your computer, along with ActivePerl.
Using other Perl distributions may cause you to have missing packages/modules.

I'm sorry but this is not easy for n00bs to set up, and its really hard to write a step by step guide, when there are so many things that can go wrong. I'll consider making an Easy Installer, but I'm not sure of the legalities of distributing Apache/Perl etc.

This is just a BETA release so please give suggestions and feedback.

Download Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/bzaxoq) and Give feedback Via Comments
via torch (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-beta-myradio-ultimate-internet-radio-hack-130505.html)

Mr. Shizzy
December 22nd, 2007, 19:42
Wow. Great hack :)

Buddy4point0
December 22nd, 2007, 21:32
looks really good.
if my psp wasn't broken i would try this when 2.80 m33 came out but sadly it is :(

AshtonNewton
December 23rd, 2007, 01:11
Can't wait to try this out speaking by the way i have a radiostation on Shoutcast. Search guitar hero. It's called "Guitar Hero Game Music" If any of you'd like to listen please do and enjoy.