PDA

View Full Version : psx4iphone v0.1.0 released

JKKDARK
December 22nd, 2007, 14:43
New update of the PlayStation emulator (http://zodttd.com/forum/index.php?topic=154.0) for iPhone and iTouch.

Changelog:

v0.1.0 -
- Public release
v0.0.9 -
- Added save state support!
- Fixed graphic bugs introduced in v0.0.8.
- Fixed a dynarec bug related to the graphics bug.
- Fixed memory card in-game saving.
- Fixed delete rom bug. Should delete .table files as well now.
- Default settings have autosave enabled, interlace disabled, frameskip disabled. Adjust as needed.
- Changed icon to kmacleod's icon. Thanks! smile.gif
v0.0.8 -
- Changed the PSX CYCLE to 4.0 for a balance of performance and compatibility.
- Improved the dynarec code (better optimising for the MIPS zero register). Better performance.
- Changed default settings to mute sound and turn interlacing off.
- Included new icons and controller design by those at ipodtouchfans.com. Thanks everyone!
- Fixed memory card in-game saves. Better testing needed to confirm though.
v0.0.7 -
- Fixed a lot of compatibility issues due to an ISO caching bug. Games such as FF7 now work!
- Changed the default PSX CYCLE increment back to 2.5 for compatibility reasons (FF Tactics now works).
- Improved performance slightly.
- Added new icon donated by a friendly beta tester. (Author: Please contact ZodTTD if you would like to be in the readme credits).
v0.0.6 -
- A quick but important bug fix that should improve compatibility even further.
v0.0.5 -
- Added support for BIOS for compatibility. BIOS support on by default.
- Added support for ZNX compression.
- Fixed various dynarec bugs to improve compatibility.
- Switched to portrait mode for reasons of performance increase.
- Added fixed icon by rokrboy and toomuchcaffiene
v0.0.1 - Initial version

Download Here (http://zodttd.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=154.0;attach=47) and Give Feedback Via Comments

Man
December 22nd, 2007, 16:16
Dam, i wish i had kept my ps1 isos from my old games, from PSP, now i have to dig out the collection again.

Accordion
December 22nd, 2007, 16:53
So glad i have a 16GB now.

the control setup is great for FF.

Shadowblind
December 22nd, 2007, 17:03
Accordion, how well does it run? Well enough to make one wanna get an iTouch? :)

Accordion
December 22nd, 2007, 19:17
Accordion, how well does it run? Well enough to make one wanna get an iTouch? :)

Actually i haven't tested it yet. I will test tomorrow, when i get my HDD back.

Compatibility list
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15700

Though i have read that FFVII does work upto 75% speed with correct config.

As to whether it is worth purchasing… just for emulation, no. The PSP is perfect for emulation, but the interface and slim form of the ipod touch makes it a very good media player/web browser which is benefited greatly by the homebrew apps.
If you want a good music player and would like to have a very capable portable web browser then it is a great purchase. -The homebrew should be thought of as an extra treat.

Man
December 22nd, 2007, 19:38
FF7 works pretty well, about 50% but thats just from my experience, i wouldnt say its worth buying an ipod touch for, but the other amount of stuff on the ipod touch, wifi, music video, many other apps, id say buy one, but just for emulation, its not worth it.

Jonesyxxiv
December 23rd, 2007, 03:17
I installed this on my iphone. The only game I put on so far is megaman legends. It works perfectly but is a little bit slow and the controls are a little awkward (probably the games falut).

Man
December 23rd, 2007, 04:29
I think this is awsome, especially because most games are, graphically, perfect, but just need to be sped up a bit.

MasterChafed
December 23rd, 2007, 14:10
So far, i have tried Final Fantasy Anthology and it plays until you actually start the game, it loads a bit of the cutscene, then goes black, but you can still hear music.