PDA

View Full Version : My 360 has turned itself on.

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2007, 02:53
Hmm Ive never had this happen before. My 360 just came on by itself. I dont know what could cause it.

Here is a short list of facts about my situation. I just got a new wireless controller yesterday. "which wasnt on when my 360 came on by itself.

MY pc is networked to my 360. Which has been on for days on end downloading.

I cant really think of anything that would cause my 360 to turn on by itself. but it did it twice in a row. The first time I turned it off as soon as it came on. The second time. I turned it off again. and it hasnt came back on by itself since.

On another side note. My wii made that alarmingly loud buzzing sound again last night. It seems it only does this noise when im updating the firmware or changing the region settings. But its a very alarmingly loud noise. loud enough to wake someone from sleep esily. Both my wii and my 360 seem to work find while in operation. Im confused.

SSaxdude
December 24th, 2007, 02:57
It's a ghost.

ellswortha101
December 24th, 2007, 02:59
kinda funny :) maybe there is some kind of IR disruption with the Wii and Xbox 360 remotes.

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2007, 03:02
It's a ghost.
The ghost of xbox past :cool:

kinda funny :) maybe there is some kind of IR disruption with the Wii and Xbox 360 remotes.
Well This is a fact i neglected to mention but only because this has never happend in the past. But my neighbor runs a radio station from his home. Uhh I realize that is the likely cause. But. till today my 360 has never came on by itself. :(

Shadowblind
December 24th, 2007, 03:03
Possibly quick electrical surges. That could be dangerous though, fry it if its a large enough surge :p

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2007, 03:11
Possibly quick electrical surges. That could be dangerous though, fry it if its a large enough surge :p
Anything is possible I guess. Still i hope it's nothing too serious. I really like my xbox :o

Elven6
December 24th, 2007, 03:20
Do you have a IR remote that you use on your PC or any other device in the same room?

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2007, 03:24
Do you have a IR remote that you use on your PC or any other device in the same room? And i havent been able to find my tv remote for a while now. But it never turned my 360 on or off before. But i suppose it's possible *nods

lmtlmt
December 24th, 2007, 03:30
My ps3 once updated its firmware by itself, i left it on one night to download a demo and in the morning the demo had been downloaded and the new firmware installation screen was on, so i ran the update and everything was sweet.

Mark30001
December 24th, 2007, 04:53
My phone once turned on by itself and soon after my mother called. :eek:

...okay, maybe not the mother part.

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2007, 06:26
My phone once turned on by itself and soon after my mother called. :eek:

...okay, maybe not the mother part.

Wow Where have you been mark :p It's been forever since ive seen you bro :cool:

ninja9393
December 24th, 2007, 16:44
My 360 turned on by itself before but I though it was one of my friends with a the controller playing a joke on me

but he denied it so maybe not..

Accordion
December 24th, 2007, 17:16
My ps3 once updated its firmware by itself, i left it on one night to download a demo and in the morning the demo had been downloaded and the new firmware installation screen was on, so i ran the update and everything was sweet.

thats good.

I occasionally knock the PS button on my controllers by accident, they should try and change it to holding it down for a few seconds if possible. I have F@H set to 10 minutes auto start though so i usually just turn off the controller and leave it to fold.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2007, 05:09
Could this be in conjunction to the news article where the 360 was giving off signals even while off? Maybe it hit a frequency (in combination with said neighbor's radio station broadcast), similar to your controllers power on/off function.

Scary though..