PDA

View Full Version : The Best New PS3 IPs of 2007 and The Most Anticipated of 2008

wraggster
December 24th, 2007, 14:29
New Original IP's for 2007:
* Folklore
* flOw
* Heavenly Sword
* Resistance: Fall of Man
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

New IP's of 2008:
* The Agency
* Haze
* White Knight Story
* LittleBigPlanet

http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/articlenav-83-page-1.html

Gizmo356
December 24th, 2007, 18:33
Haze is going to be awesome so is little big planet

Accordion
December 24th, 2007, 19:32
i have a feeling Haze will be awful, too any changes and release slips, no evidence of AI, impressive visuals or gameplay in a single player environment. I think Free radical spent so much time creating a jump in co-op experience they forgot about making a game…now it is delayed until they can get the co-op running with an impressive game engine.

Motorstorm was great but Resistance is remarkable. Having started replaying the game since i got my dual shock 3 i have been continually impressed, huge amount of on-screen action, innovative weapons and making cover useless is a brilliant idea.

Gizmo356
December 24th, 2007, 20:04
i have a feeling Haze will be awful, too any changes and release slips, no evidence of AI, impressive visuals or gameplay in a single player environment. I think Free radical spent so much time creating a jump in co-op experience they forgot about making a game?now it is delayed until they can get the co-op running with an impressive game engine.

Motorstorm was great but Resistance is remarkable. Having started replaying the game since i got my dual shock 3 i have been continually impressed, huge amount of on-screen action, innovative weapons and making cover useless is a brilliant idea.

Yeah Motorstorm and Resistance are great games. You had some good points about haze but I have faith that free radical will pull it off. ;)

I wouldn't mind some Resistance and Motorstorm sequels though.

ICE
December 24th, 2007, 20:15
I didnt think much of Resistance to be honest. Draw distance was bad and it just didnt feel new to me.

Accordion
December 24th, 2007, 20:21
I didnt think much of Resistance to be honest. Draw distance was bad and it just didnt feel new to me.

i doubt you played it all the way through.

Once you get to Manchester its amazing,

As for draw distance…no problems for me, i snipe a lot as well

If you only use the machine gun and frag grenades it wont feel new. Auger, Railstorm, Bullseye fantastic.

F9zDark
December 24th, 2007, 22:21
Resistance was a damn good game. A very new and fresh idea. And the weapons are sweet. Replay value is also high for earning unlockable weapons for Single Player and earning skins for Multiplayer.

gdf
December 24th, 2007, 23:40
Where is Motorstorm on the list?

Resistance was '06 but Motorstorm was '07.