PDA

View Full Version : PSPTube++ 25/12/07 - Youtube for the PSP

wraggster
December 24th, 2007, 22:17
SofiyaCat (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%CA%AA%C3%D6#a24210f3) has just released a new beta of the PSPTube application that allows you to watch Youtube Videos on your PSP.

Cant tell you whats new translation program isnt working

Download Here (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/dev/PSPTube/PSPTube20071225.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

These are experimental builds

gamefreak199101
December 24th, 2007, 22:44
whats the details on it

ICE
December 24th, 2007, 22:51
Is this another new release?

gamefreak199101
December 24th, 2007, 22:57
i got the features

O- is to search for a video
X- is to enter
[]- is to switch screens and make a side view of the
video while watching
Select- is to change between youtube,veoh and favorites
Start- to pause during videos

Etc
This is a very stable and i recomemed it. It loads the video very fast, no stops or skips.

I dont think this is all the features but it looks like thats all that came in this release.:thumbup::thumbup:

pspuser2199
December 25th, 2007, 00:40
also you can save videos now, can you not?
im not so sure because google translate is so weird lol
here what the translated web site says about saving videos, if anyone can uderstand what its saying lol

"In the meantime, download implemented. There are still about UI. Save As it is not yet implemented. Currently, you can download up to two simultaneously"

gamefreak199101
December 25th, 2007, 02:45
probably as b4, u can try to press /\ over the vids and it should have an option

Flaco_Guey
December 25th, 2007, 03:27
Do you still need the config file or no

ICE
December 25th, 2007, 04:11
I can seem to get it to pause. Still.

gamefreak199101
December 25th, 2007, 04:12
Do you still need the config file or no

no its already configured into it

gamefreak199101
December 25th, 2007, 04:14
I can seem to get it to pause. Still.

make sure you have it in the 371 folder, if it is in the game371 and u press the start during the video and it still doesnt pause , then i dont know whats up but i assure that it works fine for me

ICE
December 25th, 2007, 04:36
make sure you have it in the 371 folder, if it is in the game371 and u press the start during the video and it still doesnt pause , then i dont know whats up but i assure that it works fine for me

Its in my slim psp so all i have is a game folder with a 3.71 kernel. I'll try to reinstall it and see if that helps ;)

EDIT: Fixed it. Dont know what the deal was but its gone now..

gamefreak199101
December 25th, 2007, 05:18
make a folder called GAME371 and put it in there and see

pkmaximum
December 25th, 2007, 05:56
and the updates keep coming awesome =D!!

Oh btw I don't get why everyone is having so much trouble, I'm on the latest custom firmware (PHAT PSP) and I just put it in the "game" folder, not the game371 folder and it works perfectly no issues for me =/

borgqueenx
December 25th, 2007, 23:39
dailymotion and google video...that would b so cool...

rrpauldoran
December 25th, 2007, 23:48
So is this new version of PSPTube still able to run on PSP Firmware Versions 1.0 and 1.5 ???

ICE
December 25th, 2007, 23:53
make a folder called GAME371 and put it in there and see

If you were trying to help me the only kind of game folder it has is the 3.71 kind. I dont need to name it that because thats the default.. My problem was just a glitch or something because reinstalling it the same way as before fixed it.

`Jello`
December 26th, 2007, 17:19
Hi Guys am trying to make PSPtube works for me and had some success with it, i just bought a new PSP slim and have a 3.71 m3.34 CFW.. And am using a WEP connection with Password and have a 100% strenght And also tried Using WPA encryption with the latest Update and i think it works since it can detect the Signal... Ive tried using the PSPTube20070817 and PSPTube20070812 both are having the same result for me...i now updated my PSPtube to the latest update

I have done everything according to the instructions and after few tweaks here and there i got it working and surfing Youtube (Yeyy for me).. Then i turn off my PSP .. After a Few minutes ive tried using PSPtube again...

But lo and Behold,i can connect to the network but when am trying to search some videos all am having is the message ``no videos....

As of now am having an ON and OFF relationship with this application... Sometime its working sometime its not... Is the problem with my system?? My Firmware?? My Connection??

So in a Nut Shell sometimes i can make PSP tube work for me but the problem it is not stable almost all of the time... I can easily get to the connection screen and then connect PSPtube via my WI FI and it shows the words

YouTube``-No videos but everytime i try to search for a VIDEO example like "PSP" most of the time i only get this message

YouTube`psp`-No videos.. I know that PSPtube works for my PSP because i have moments that i can play videos problem is almost 90% of trying it wont work for me.. Do i need portforwarding for this kind of application?? Can please anyone shed some light to this problem T_T am having this problem ever since ive tried making PSPtube works for me T_T

Added Information:
When i Check in Recovery mode i dont have any pug ins enabled. I only have brews like Bookr,NoobzEloader and PSP comics

Dyobolikal
December 27th, 2007, 21:14
I dunno how to work this crap, i detected my connection and went on but it only showed favorites.

CaptainMorgan4
December 27th, 2007, 21:42
Try clicking SELECT, that should help you, it'll take you away from the favorites section.

AshtonNewton
December 27th, 2007, 21:46
I got this to work sweet dude. Don't put this in your 1.50 folder put in 3.71 and change the kernel to 3.71 just like gamefreak199101 said. And make sure the kernel is 3.71 just to make sure it works. This is done by pulling the battery out, put it back in and turn your psp on holding L and R as soon as you hit the switch. Hold it for a few swconds until you see Recovery mode. Then go to Configurations and you'll see the game kernel mode, make sure it's on 3.71, and pastee it in the 3.71 game folder too.

CaptainMorgan4
December 27th, 2007, 21:55
I'm not sure why everyone has been saying this since the get-go about the kernal having to be set at 3.71 because my kernal has always been at 1.5 and it still works with PSPTube like that. But whatever, if you guys like 3.71 kernal then so be it.

AshtonNewton
December 27th, 2007, 21:57
I tried on my 1.50 and theres a blank screen. When i put it in my 3.71 the internet connection screen pops up.

blackrave
December 28th, 2007, 02:08
If there is any confusion:

If the GAME folder's kernel is set to 3.71, EBOOTs put in /PSP/GAME will always be run with the 3.71 kernel. If the GAME folder's kernel is set to 1.50, EBOOTs put in /PSP/GAME will be run with the 1.00/1.50 kernel.

EBOOTs put in /PSP/GAME150 will run using the 1.00/1.50 kernel regardless of the GAME folder's kernel setting. EBOOTS put in /PSP/GAME371 will run using the 3.71 kernel regardless of the GAME folder's kernel setting.

I like to keep the GAME folder's kernel setting at 3.71, putting official SONY applications/demos in there, while 3.xx kernel homebrew go in GAME371, and 1.00/1.50 homebrew go in GAME150. It's the best way to keep things organized.

NovaKane
December 28th, 2007, 03:07
Does this work for 3.52 M33-4?

byvelds
December 28th, 2007, 04:45
hey new to the site, i got a psp with 3.52 firmware on it and i'm trying to make my psp290 gps unit work on it, i'm completely braindead when it comes to anything with home brew or downgrading, mine is simple 3.52 version any help would be appreciated

Panda Bear K
December 30th, 2007, 18:18
Hi, I am a new PSP user, and PSPtube must be the bestest thing ever made by the hands of man. Anyhow, there's a problem though, when I'm playing online videos, it always stops and freezes at exactly 10 minutes after the video starts. THis doesn't happen if I pause the video for a while or if I play a saved movie. So is anyone else having this problem? If so, is there a fix?

PS, get stage6 and Dvix working sofiyacat! I will love you!

dasonyeoh
January 31st, 2008, 13:28
hie.. sorry to ask this... but i'm still new on this. How can know the step in setting the game kenel mode. Currently my psp is 3.71 M33-2.