PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live having trouble. Again. On Christmas day.

Shrygue
December 26th, 2007, 00:07
via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/25/xbox-live-having-trouble-again-on-christmas-day/)

We hear a lot of people are having problems with Xbox Live today (we're not, for the record), but if you're feeling a bit sheepish about giving the gift of a 360 + Live service to a loved one, just imagine how Microsoft must feel. The service -- which we'd like to remind everyone is paid, unlike the competition's -- has been up and down since Christmas weekend. And it's not some surprise that there would be an influx of users today, nor is it any mystery to Microsoft how many Live accounts and Xboxes were sold over the past couple of weeks -- which is precisely why this kind of thing is so annoying. Thankfully, it seems to be a bit less widespread than last weekend's outage. Feel free to shout it out in comments.

Sonicboy 101
December 26th, 2007, 00:11
Lol, typical Microsoft luck.

mcdougall57
December 26th, 2007, 00:17
just got my xbox couldnt be happier but i suppose im one of the ones causing the problem haha

Shadowblind
December 26th, 2007, 00:42
Lol, all the new XBL users are getting on at once and crashing the servers :) Must be fine now, though, my friend is still cremeing people on TF2.

DarthPaul
December 26th, 2007, 11:29
just got my xbox couldnt be happier but i suppose im one of the ones causing the problem haha

You did?!

Omg turn it off now. :mad:

Haha, kidding. I remember a thread, some time ago, where me and Shadowblind told you to buy it! So, what games did you get?

bowmessage
December 26th, 2007, 16:14
soo, could this be causing the IP adress check to fail, because thats what problem my friend was getting yesterday night (Christmas). Hopefully, cause that problem sounds a little tricky.. :P

BrooksyX
December 26th, 2007, 16:21
soo, could this be causing the IP adress check to fail, because thats what problem my friend was getting yesterday night (Christmas). Hopefully, cause that problem sounds a little tricky.. :P

Nope, it means there is a problem on his end. Connecting to xbox live is the last step. If live is down it should fail to connect on the last step not the second.

bowmessage
December 26th, 2007, 16:32
Nope, it means there is a problem on his end. Connecting to xbox live is the last step. If live is down it should fail to connect on the last step not the second.

alright, thanks :D.

I guess I'll just check he has DHCP enabled, all that good stuff, resetting the router.

Thanks again, I had to help him over AIM, and I've only PLAYED an Xbox 4 or 5 times.... :P. I'm going over to his house today, see if I can fix it.

preetyforu
December 26th, 2007, 16:58
A good stuff

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

getcarter4dynamo
December 28th, 2007, 04:08
Well microsoft rarely get much right anyhow and as ive paid my subscription they cant moan when i moan at them for a shitty service over the phone as they wanna keep me as a customer.

And lets not forget the competition has its problems as well except when you moan about them they have the cheek to wail "well it is a free service so put up and shut up until the service returns to normal".

mcdougall57
January 2nd, 2008, 01:33
You did?!

Omg turn it off now. :mad:

Haha, kidding. I remember a thread, some time ago, where me and Shadowblind told you to buy it! So, what games did you get?

well :/ i got halo 3, gears of war, dead rising, forza 2, DOA 4, viva pinata and the simpsons, gamestation wouldnt let me swap some of the games in the bundle, con artists