PDA

View Full Version : NesterJ and game genie question

trew01
July 26th, 2005, 04:18
ok i have put a few folders with game genie cheats for my nes games into the nesterj foler. how do i activate the cheats ingame? i tried going into the menue after loading the rom up and going to apply cheat or whatever it is. nothing happens it gives me a browser and the folders i put in but i cant browse the folders for the cheats.
i just click on a folder example: batman and it just goes back to the other screen isnt it supposed to open the folder to let me select the cheats in it? and it diddnt look like it did anything diffrent to the game cheat wise. thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: aparently this guy named expression is having the same problem adn noone answered him either as i did some searching. here is what he said and it sorta explains my problem.

Quote from Expression: Anyone know how to get the NesterJ game Genie working? i put a code from gamegenie.com into a .txt file and when i load it in the emulator it says load successful but does not work? Any help would be much appreciated. :unquote:

but i diddnt do what he did i got a pack from your site on someone elses post full of nes game genie codes. but they do the same thing i click on a folder the codes are in but it wont let me select any codes it just says loded succcessfully. nothing is diffrent ingame. please help me out.

F34R
July 26th, 2005, 20:17
I have mine set up like this: this is for super mario bros 1 using the latest nesterj install.

/PSP/GAME/NESEMU/GENIE/SMB1/cheatname.txt

each cheat has its own text file, examples...
SuperMarioBros_Infinite Lives.txt
SuperMarioBros_Always Stay Big.txt

I have no problem accessing them the way you described.

cmelodysax
July 26th, 2005, 21:56
could it be the code itself doesnt work? Mine works fine.