PDA

View Full Version : PSP Vice - Slim Version Released

wraggster
December 28th, 2007, 00:29
MartyPSP has compiled Christophe`s PSP Vice Emulator (Commodore 64 Emulator and More ) to work on PSP 3.71M33 firmware and PSP Slims.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

dazman
December 28th, 2007, 07:38
Sorry not trying to kick work of others but I have been using psp vice 1.0 and 1.1 on my PSP Slim M33 3.60 for some time now. you just need to convert the eboot from a 1.5 to 1.0 eboot and from 2 folders to one folder.

I use PBP Unpacker - http://www.pdc.me.uk/pbpunpacker.php?

Heres how.

First you need a 1.5 version of a emu/app for the PSP, Say "PSP Handy"

You should have 2 folders 1 with % and 1 without.

1 - Take the EBOOT.PBP found in the folder without the “%” and rename it to DATA.PSP.

2 - Extract the contents of the other EBOOT.PBP found in the folder with the “%” to a location of your choice using PBP Unpacker. you will need the files next.

3 - Using PBP Unpacker again, create a new PBP file with the files that were extracted in the previous step as well as the file you renamed DATA.PSP. Save it into the folder without the %.

You can now delete the % folder and the DATA.PSP file as they are not needed. you should now have a single folder with one eboot and any other files that where already in the folder without the %. Name the folder anything you like and place into the 360 folder on the PSP.

I would love to take credit for this but i found this on the internet somewhere.

This works for most emus on my PSP Slim M33-3.60.

The reasons I add this to this post is

1 - I have had many email requests for help on how to do this.
2 - I have seen many apps converted that I have been using already on my slim.
3 - I still see forums with users saying if only XXX worked on the slim and in some cases it does when converted this way.

So here it is, if this helps one other user like it helped my then great, if someone feels it should be posted on the front page then please do so.

Yours
The Dazman

P.S. would someone who can code please like to fix PSPVIC20 so the screen is centred, its driving me nuts and I love the VIC20.

urherenow
December 28th, 2007, 16:43
give me a link to the source (converted for PSP already, not the original vice source) and I may be able to tweak it a bit.

martypsp
January 3rd, 2008, 22:19
Dazman,

I've centered the screen for you.

dazman
January 19th, 2008, 22:45
Many thanks. I love this emu now,

Vic20 abductor here i come.

Cheers!

dazman
January 19th, 2008, 22:50
BTW I did try to look at changing the code and getting the screen centre myself and my head just wanted to explode (a bit like the man in scanners)

LOL

ricky006
January 20th, 2008, 00:46
Sorry not trying to kick work of others but I have been using psp vice 1.0 and 1.1 on my PSP Slim M33 3.60 for some time now. you just need to convert the eboot from a 1.5 to 1.0 eboot and from 2 folders to one folder.

I use PBP Unpacker - http://www.pdc.me.uk/pbpunpacker.php?

Heres how.

First you need a 1.5 version of a emu/app for the PSP, Say "PSP Handy"

You should have 2 folders 1 with % and 1 without.

1 - Take the EBOOT.PBP found in the folder without the “%” and rename it to DATA.PSP.

2 - Extract the contents of the other EBOOT.PBP found in the folder with the “%” to a location of your choice using PBP Unpacker. you will need the files next.

3 - Using PBP Unpacker again, create a new PBP file with the files that were extracted in the previous step as well as the file you renamed DATA.PSP. Save it into the folder without the %.

You can now delete the % folder and the DATA.PSP file as they are not needed. you should now have a single folder with one eboot and any other files that where already in the folder without the %. Name the folder anything you like and place into the 360 folder on the PSP.

I would love to take credit for this but i found this on the internet somewhere.

This works for most emus on my PSP Slim M33-3.60.

The reasons I add this to this post is

1 - I have had many email requests for help on how to do this.
2 - I have seen many apps converted that I have been using already on my slim.
3 - I still see forums with users saying if only XXX worked on the slim and in some cases it does when converted this way.

So here it is, if this helps one other user like it helped my then great, if someone feels it should be posted on the front page then please do so.

Yours
The Dazman

P.S. would someone who can code please like to fix PSPVIC20 so the screen is centred, its driving me nuts and I love the VIC20.

Or u could just use eloader :thumbup:

umpa
January 20th, 2008, 08:27
And the version of PSPvice 1.2 for slim ?

martypsp
January 20th, 2008, 22:11
And the version of PSPvice 1.2 for slim ?

Here pspvice 1.2 for slim.

umpa
January 21st, 2008, 17:42

Thanks a lot:)

luke-c64
February 15th, 2008, 14:09

I am a noob - so please don't be to hard with me. so here is my question:

1. is it possible to run pspvice on a pspslim (orig. firmware 3.72) without having installed a custom firmware? (i don't want to risk dammaging my psp)

2. if i don't need a cfw. i simply have to put all pspvice files under psp directory GAME/... ? if not please post instructions.

thanx!

No_one_in_particular
February 15th, 2008, 15:51
You need a cfw.

rapidroy3577
March 6th, 2008, 15:25
I am new to this and I am not very technologically savey, but when I download this file into my PSP all I get is "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt" Please help me.

Thank you

MartyPSP has compiled Christophe`s PSP Vice Emulator (Commodore 64 Emulator and More ) to work on PSP 3.71M33 firmware and PSP Slims.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

turnerl
July 5th, 2008, 06:30
how about converting pyae? apple emu for psp