PDA

View Full Version : A few PSP hacking questions...

booradley1212
December 29th, 2007, 02:42
I've been thinking about buying a second PSP in case my hacked one gets broken. I understand that the PSP Slim can be hacked and I was wondering if it was capable of doing everything the PSP Fat can do. Do all the emulators and PSX emulation run on it?

Also, I'm running 3.03 oec on my PSP and I got a game which requires 3.40 (Hot Brain.) If I updated to 3.40 oe or something even newer, what would be the drawbacks? Are the newer firmwares as fully functional as 3.03 as far as homebrew goes?

hodgy47
December 29th, 2007, 11:39
the slim can do nearly the same it cant run anything that requires the 1.50 kernel as the slim is not compatible.

the latest firmware is 3.71m33-4 if used in the fat psp it is better (in my opinion than others) and you can run the 1.50 kernel add on (fat only).

NoQuarter
December 29th, 2007, 17:53
If you already have a phat why not get a slim?

jorskobe
December 29th, 2007, 22:54
get a slim

booradley1212
January 4th, 2008, 01:59
I'm just worried about doing something to my PSP that is irreversable.
Right now I'm using pretty much every emulator, including SCUMM.

How does one hack a slim, anyway? I imagine it isn't as straightforward at hacking a fat...

Sorry for the delay in replying guys...holidays wiped me out...thanks for the replies.

booradley1212
January 4th, 2008, 02:00
Offhand, what prgs require 1.50?

hodgy47
January 4th, 2008, 15:20
Hacking the slim must be done using the pandora method and must be with despetar cementario v3 you will need a phat psp with custom firmware to create the pandora stick and battery and battery must be from a phat you can also UPMS which saves all the mspformat jargon on psp (handy for vista users) but all the phat psp rules still apply.

As for what uses 1.50 kernel (quite a bit and not sure if all your emus will work, so if its emus you want yo might be better of waiting until they get some slim compatible ones.

But if you have a phat update it 3.71m33-4 and all your emus will still work its only the slim that has the 1.50 compatibility problem, but buy a slim anyway i did.

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2008, 21:40
Also, note that Sony's fixed the method of making a Pandora's battery. If you have spares that you've had for a while, use those.