PDA

View Full Version : Someone wanna donate a coders cable?

fackue
December 29th, 2007, 05:51
I'm looking to get debugging working in a new dev ISO but I don't have a coders cable test it with. Does anyone have a spare or unused coders cable they're willing to donate? I can Paypal you the money for shipping and will add a few dollars for the trouble... I'm in the US area.

Dull Blade
December 29th, 2007, 06:03
i wish i could help you on your quest, but I'm with out a coders cable myself. I'd love to see some new progress in the DC scene.

fackue
January 2nd, 2008, 22:56
Looks like I'm stuck with building one. Bought the parts, waiting for them to arrive.

*crosses fingers hoping everything goes as planned*

If you're looking to build one yourself all you need is:

- Four 0.1 uf capacitors
- One MAX3222CPN chip
- One DB9 female (technically correct: DE9F)
- Lots of wire
- (optionally) a VS cable or NGPC link cable

I say optionally because they can be hard to find... I'm simply going to solder directly on the DC's serial port.

The MAX3222CPN chip can be shipped to you for free as a sample from Maxim (http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1068/t/al). Scroll down and click on Free Sample next to the MAX3222CPN chip.

Schematics are here:
http://mc.pp.se/dc/serifc.html

The schematics call for a DE9M, I'm hoping that using a female will still work since I don't have a extension cable.

Dull Blade
January 3rd, 2008, 01:34
cool, thanks for the link/schematics. looks like an interesting project I'm deffinatly going to give it a try, and maybe I might get into the DC homebrew scene again (last attempt I wasnt experienced enough at programming)

dcdood
March 13th, 2008, 02:13
I heard lik-sang or whatever sold them until sony killed them. -All my Hopes and Dreams (most) have been killed by sony :(

Mark30001
March 14th, 2008, 11:16
fackue, are you still looking for a Coder's Cable?

fackue
March 14th, 2008, 12:13
Like I said at DCEmu, yes, very much so. I've been wanting to test out GDB and the MinGW dc-tool.

Mark30001
March 16th, 2008, 00:04
Send me a PM.