PDA

View Full Version : what if m33 or C+D or Noobz made psp Phat compatible with av cable for psp slim?

Naeem
December 30th, 2007, 14:57
hi all programmers i want to tell that i got to know that there is the driver difference for the av cable to connect psp to tv between psp phat and slim. i want to see that if programmers can made psp phat compatible with the av cable that is for psp slim. so give your opinions on this and support this idea so proggramers like team m33 and C+D and noobZ can adapt this project and make it reality.

Anonymous D
December 30th, 2007, 15:25
er....slightly confused wording there but im gonna try and answer it.
as far as i know there is no av cable for the phat psp. this is apparently due to this:
"The old Playstation Portable (PSP-1000) is not capable of this feature due to a slightly different port. "

so the change needed to get video out from the phat would most likely be hardware, as in a cable mod, along with the modules from the slim.
though im not sure on wether the slim has hardware inside it dedicated to this, thuis would make any kind of adaptation the the phat, imposible.
anyone with more knowledge please elaborate, video out for the phat would be an awesome achievement.

PSPdemon
December 30th, 2007, 15:28
hi all programmers i want to tell that i got to know that there is the driver difference for the av cable to connect psp to tv between psp phat and slim. i want to see that if programmers can made psp phat compatible with the av cable that is for psp slim. so give your opinions on this and support this idea so proggramers like team m33 and C+D and noobZ can adapt this project and make it reality.

not possible... its not just a software mod....its a hardware one too ( the output plugs are very different from the old ones )

only people i know who have done a hardware mod to work with phat is that PSP2TV thing ( not the one that lay's ontop the screen.....it accualy is hardware modded ) but im not to thrilled with it.

ill get you a link if i can find it again.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit: seems like Anonymous D beat me....

also i should add you can use remote joy on the psp phat.... it works quite well really

Anonymous D
December 30th, 2007, 16:08
http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/666/666034p1.html

but i remember seeing one that was like a camera in a box which required less modding than that one.

edit: remote joy, or at least what i could find

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-remote-joy-sdl-for-psp-by-tyranid-psp-video-in-a-window-107816.html

i can also comfirm that working on 3.52m33 with gta lcs, edit: ok so it doesnt work well with a lot of games, seems to crash at memory stick checking with gta lcs.
edit: pull out the mem stick once its loaded the psplink modules and it appears to work , thought the fps is low and it looks incredibly jerky.

NoQuarter
December 31st, 2007, 10:17
you can use IRshell,usbhostfs amd remote joy to output to a computer screen.You could then output this from the computer to a tv.Of course this requires you have a computer with you.

Anonymous D
December 31st, 2007, 17:11
or at least a tower, it would render the whole process quite pointless. plus ive tried out remote joy, and i dont know if its my usb cable (ports are high speed usb2), but a lot of games refuse to run or run quite slowly and jerk a lot, so for the phat the best bet is still that psp2tv thingy, the box one....

this one (http://www.psptvadaptor.com/)

NoQuarter
December 31st, 2007, 20:19
Remote joy runs pretty good for me,especially when using official games.Unfortunately alot of emu's don't run full speed but with 333 and frameskip they're acceptible.

I carry my macbook everywhere with me and play alot of tekken,so it works good for me.
Back to the subject though,we would need to use the phat's already existing serial,that doesn't mean it can't be done though.It's just whether the processing power is there to handle it.A major problem sending signals to sd tv's is the ol' progressive vs interlace thing, we would have to convert the signal to the appropiate type with software.