PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii - which one?

pangster
December 30th, 2007, 15:46
I'm heading over to Hong Kong in February fro 3 weeks and will be looking at picking up a Nintendo Wii when i'm over - my knowledge of modified Wii's is limited at the minute to say the least so was looking for some pointers..

What is the best mod chip for Wii's and is there any problems running modified Wii's r.e. games from different regions etc??

Any help or info would be great as i want to do a fair bit of reading up on it before i go over..

Last time i was over a few years back i picked up a JAP PSP (5 months before they were released in the UK) and it's been fine and plays all region games - the menu is also in English.. i understand that the JAP wii menu is only in Japanese though?

Has anyone got a JAP Wii and what are the pro's and cons of owning one?..

JKKDARK
December 30th, 2007, 15:57
get a modchip like Wiikey or Wiinja. You will not have problem playing Gamecube/Wii games from any region.

pangster
December 30th, 2007, 16:59
get a modchip like Wiikey or Wiinja. You will not have problem playing Gamecube/Wii games from any region.

cool.. so it doesn't really matter what console i get then a JAP or US one as long as it has a decent chip in it? i.e. Wiikey??

what are the reasons for Wii's becoming bricked?