PDA

View Full Version : NetHack DS V1.14 Released

wraggster
December 30th, 2007, 22:12
News/release from Abcd1234: (http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/NetHackDS)

Welcome to the home page for my port of NetHack to the Nintendo DS. The goal of this project is to create a port of NetHack for the DS utilizing the unique features of the DS to create an easy-to-use NetHacking experience. I think I've succeeded in that goal. I'm probably wrong.

Features
An unscaled, scrolling map view on the lower screen, which can be interacted with using the touchscreen.
Minimap, message, and status information rendered to the top screen.
Support for 16- and 256-color BMP tilesets, including non-rectangular tiles (tiles must have dimensions which are a multiple of 8, e.g. 8x8, 8x16, etc).
Support for text mode, with optional full color and IBM graphics.
Popup command window for easy access to the full command set.
On-screen keyboard for text input and extended commands.
Keys are almost completely configurable.
Support for both left- and right-handed modes.
Save and restore.
Sleep mode.
News

December 28, 2007
Version 1.13a Released.

Bah, left some debugging code in the previous release by accident, which prevented NHDS from powering off after a save. This is fixed.

December 29, 2007
Version 1.14 Released.

Fixed a regression where entering text on the keyboard would generate an erroneous tap in-game.
Fixed directional tapping to work when number_pad is enabled.
Fixed a regression preventing players from specifying '>' for digging, etc.
Fixed bonesfile dropping (ie, it works now).
Fixed the sticky keyboard issue (sometimes the virtual buttons wouldn't get released after the stylus was raised).
Fixed compassmode (Up/Down and Left/Right were swapped… whoops!).
Added support for inverse text (eg, menucolors).
Added the sortloot patch (NHDS's interface patchset is now includes everything used on nethack.alt.org).
Turned off holdmode by default.
Enabled key repeats on the virtual keyboard.
Enabled key repeats in the command window, and changed it so the cursor will wrap, rather than stop, at the edges.
Added support for unbinding keys (ie, binding keys to "No Command"). Useful for unbinding they triggerkey in triggermode.
Note, you can feel free to delete any files in your /NetHackDS directory starting with "1lock". Those files were garbage left behind due to the breakage in the bonesfile handling.

Additionally, those that prefer holdmode will now have to enable it in defaults.nh...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments