PDA

View Full Version : Sega Launches Official Golden Axe Site

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2007, 00:19
via PSX Extreme (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2357.html)

Most old-school fans were happy to hear about Golden Axe's next-gen debut in the form of Golden Axe: Beast Rider. The classic arcade title that spawned multiple installments was always in 2D, and always provided players with that non-stop side-scrolling action we all knew and loved.

But Sega's newest Golden Axe is a very different breed - not surprisingly - as they will be implementing more modern elements into Beast Rider. The ability to roam around on your chosen steed, for example, plus the likelihood of a character upgrade/advancement system makes the latest entry a very current production. Furthermore, Sega has now launched the official site (http://www.sega.com/gamesite/goldenaxe/), which shows us the game is scheduled to arrive for the PS3 and Xbox 360 in "summer 2008." There isn't much more information right now, but you can always sign up to receive updates.

We like the idea of Beast Rider, and while there will only be one main character in this one - that Amazonian hottie pictured here - we still believe it'll maintain some of its original roots. Stay tuned for more details, which will hopefully begin to arrive in January.

geise69
December 31st, 2007, 04:07
Hmmm...yet another sega "remake" that will probably go the way of Shining Force and Altered Beast. The Altered Beast remake on PS2 (import only) was terrible. Sega needs some fresh "original" content now a days, cause slapping a classic name on a game and having a mediocre game just doesn't cut it. It's like sega is trying too hard. Also just having one character only is not a good move. Guess I'm just an old bitter video game nerd. It's just these new sega games don't have the impact they used too have when I was younger.

royvedas
December 31st, 2007, 09:59
Yeah I know exactly what you're saying. To me Segas prime is waaaay back, we're talking 8-bit and 16-bit. They haven't made great games in over a decade. It's sad - but then again - just time for other to take over. Eventually the Sega fanboyism will hopefully die - cause Sega doesn't deserve that kind of devotion anymore.

How can you take out the two other characters?

matt2k
December 31st, 2007, 21:05
If anyone dares to steal my magic vials from me when I'm sleeping, there will be hell to pay!