PDA

View Full Version : The Ghetto Talkbox!

Junixx
December 31st, 2007, 05:51
I'm pretty sure everyone has heard a talkbox before in some song, I'm planning on building a ghetto one using this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EIQxwotn3k)

As soon as I get some old computer speakers, I'm good. I'm gonna hook it up to my keyboard and play around with it.. thought maybe someone else might want to do it too, so i posted it :thumbup:

HeLL_RaiSeR101
December 31st, 2007, 09:56
wtf is talk box?

Junixx
December 31st, 2007, 15:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_oEELrZlA&NR=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_box

And I just realized that the link I had was the wrong one... it's fixed now

kcajblue
January 1st, 2008, 03:31
i was watching some vids of people using one.
and its awesome.

its just like using a vocoder, but just differently.

Junixx
January 1st, 2008, 04:49
Yeah I was partially successful in making one today. I got everything together and stuff but the speaker im using is from a small subwoofer :rofl: it only works decently on low notes. I found another speaker though I can use and im going to remake it tomorrow so i can get high notes. I had some trouble cause the sub speaker was letting sound out everywhere, so i had to cover it up in everything I had and it started working... can't wait till tomorrow lol

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 09:14
i was watching some vids of people using one.
and its awesome.

its just like using a vocoder, but just differently.

check Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer.. now!

quzar
January 1st, 2008, 10:26
do you feeeellll

like i dooooooooo

That would be fun to make.

edit: am I the only one who hates it when people post in a topic to ask for a definition they could have easily looked up?

Safari Al
January 1st, 2008, 14:12
haha i think quzar saw that commercial too (and now that i thought about it, that might come out the same as it sounds :p)

any way, good luck with making one :) post some of your recordings

quzar
January 1st, 2008, 22:31
haha i think quzar saw that commercial too (and now that i thought about it, that might come out the same as it sounds :p)

any way, good luck with making one :) post some of your recordings

Actually I have the Frampton Comes Alive double LP, where he does the famous 14 minute long rendition of "Do you feel like we do", which I've listened to as recently as a week ago ;)

kcajblue
January 2nd, 2008, 08:36
check Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer.. now!
i listened to it, and it was a good song.

any reason you want me to listen to it?

Junixx
January 8th, 2008, 21:26
Well i finally got around to remaking it and got a recording, it may be hard to understand but if you can guess is says:

around the world (first thing that came to mind)

I know it sounds nothing like the professional ones, but oh well XD

JKKDARK
January 8th, 2008, 21:30
i listened to it, and it was a good song.

any reason you want me to listen to it?

only because it used the Talkbox.

you liked the song? *alert* *alert* it's a Glam Metal song ;)

quzar
January 9th, 2008, 00:17
You should see if you can lower the overall frequency, as I think the high-pitched-ness is what making it difficult to understand.

SnesR0X
January 9th, 2008, 01:02
haha can't understand any of it, still interesting...

Junixx
January 10th, 2008, 00:52
You should see if you can lower the overall frequency, as I think the high-pitched-ness is what making it difficult to understand.

I actually think its the tubing i used, but thats the frequency probably isn't helping either. The only vinyl tubing i could find in town wasn't the one that was recommended, and its kinda big and hard to actually make words. I'm going to try and find something to make it smaller