PDA

View Full Version : NeocdPSP v0.5u4 (NeoGeo CD Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
July 26th, 2005, 14:42
Smiths compiled a new version of YoYos NeoGeo CD emulator. Heres whats new:

"[WHATS NEW]
v0.5u4
+ Added separate-key rapid-fire support (read below)
+ Added cute Battery Meter to menus
+ Cleaned up menu browsing minutely
+ Goes without saying: No P$PUpdate$ posting por favor"

Download Here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Smiths for a great release.

Posted first on the <b>Real PSP Emulation & Homebrew News Scene Site</b>

KEEP THE SCENE FREE

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 09:02
and the blood in metal slug is now red, in the preivious U3, it was blue

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 09:08
ya i just got it its true! its red blood!

vidgrip
August 3rd, 2005, 17:06
This is the best emulator I've played... runs at 222mhz with very little slowdown, it's amazing when you look at some roms on the SNES and even NES needing to be bumped to 333 mhz without giving near the results. If you don't have this emu... Definitely worth the somewhat difficult install.

dman32
August 7th, 2005, 16:58
Is there a save state for this emulator?

dman32
August 7th, 2005, 21:39
anybody?

Smiths
August 8th, 2005, 03:37
not yet. it's in the WIP

N3oGhozt
August 10th, 2005, 20:34
nice work. I hadnt updated mine since the original .5 release so I'll be giving your update a try.

How is dev going with this emu?

dman32
August 24th, 2005, 21:08
will there be anymore updates to this emu? this really needs a state save on it.

quzar
August 24th, 2005, 22:13
The CPU cores that the emulator uses do not support save states, and if support was hacked into the emulator, each save state would take up something like 10mb (uncompressed, with no way of knowing how much it would compress).

Dj.Extract
August 24th, 2005, 22:42
First of all, I must say thank you for this exellent, Lovely Emu!!!! I woldn't bother bying me an import PsP if it wasn't for this!! ;)

It plays a couple of my favorite games almost perfectly with only a few slowdowns when the action heats up with 1 frameskip @333MHz! (f.ex metalslug)
The only thing I'm missing is scanlines.... is that possible? or is it maybe not nessesary? Or if the screen on the PsP is too small to have any effect? I just have this feeling that the gfx will look "better" with it enabeled. The emu is almost perfect if you ask me.. just some speed fixes and sound in more games (Like street Hoop?? :D :D ) Then U'll have the ultimate emu!
I hope I'll see an update from you soon :)

Again, Thanks for the good work, and keep em coming ;)

dman32
August 25th, 2005, 05:11
so does that mean no, you will not be adding save states?..because who has time to play the entire game..and it sucks to have to start over all the time.

JOE2339
August 25th, 2005, 12:40
Who has the time? these games are like 30 minutes long at best. Great emu yoyo.

titipsx
August 29th, 2005, 23:24
Hi, how I can get it work on my PSP 1.0? Thank you for the help

Smiths
August 30th, 2005, 02:32
Most of the games have some form of "stage saving" with the memory card support.
Metal Slug has it, Baseball 2020 has save per inning, etc...

I 99% likely will not be throwing in save states because the games were pretty much designed for an "on the go" mentality with the memory card.
Maybe it was the load times, I dunno...

dman32
September 17th, 2005, 07:10
how do you save in metal slug?

Smiths
September 17th, 2005, 10:14
Metal Slug, from what I played, saved after each stage.

Lime2K
September 29th, 2005, 20:15
I have a bug report for you. On Last Blade 2, go into options, then demo viewer. Play Opening B, and the PSP hardcrashes about 1/3 of the way through.

(PS: for Metal Slug, you have to get Game Over for the game to save.)

narutosaki
September 30th, 2005, 09:38
i need help,
what is the NEOCD.BIN file?

i install neocd but i dont get the neocd.bin

please help me

shik1
September 30th, 2005, 14:30
does this work on it?

Putin
October 1st, 2005, 15:16
And one question from me...I've been searching rom pages but can't findMetal Slug in full...only one or two levels. Can someeone give some direction please ?

Festizzio
October 1st, 2005, 18:29
Narutosaki, I believe NEOCD.BIN is the neo geo cd system's bios. You can't ask for that here.

feeblemindedenigma
October 2nd, 2005, 07:54
is anyone out there having problems with the audio files for "King of Fighters '94 '95"

1.) the MP3 file names are correct and in their proper folder
2.) the ISO was uncompressed
3.) Absolutely no audio (BGM or sound effects) for KOF '94 and '95 has effects but lacks BGM

If anyone can help me that would be great... BTW i own all the original Disc and all u rom junkies should too...laterz

Joey wonder
October 5th, 2005, 17:04
Easy rude boys any of u lot know where i can get my grubby lil hands on sum good mario games

layeibrahim
October 9th, 2005, 19:53
is anyone out there having problems with the audio files for "King of Fighters '94 '95"

1.) the MP3 file names are correct and in their proper folder
2.) the ISO was uncompressed
3.) Absolutely no audio (BGM or sound effects) for KOF '94 and '95 has effects but lacks BGM

If anyone can help me that would be great... BTW i own all the original Disc and all u rom junkies should too...laterz

I got the same game feeb, where do i place the ISO and all those mp3. and where do i place the cue file?

creoleplane
November 5th, 2005, 07:20
Will the Neo CD emu play normal neo geo roms as well?

Coddfish
November 7th, 2005, 08:05
Hi, I'm kinda new here...

Anyway, I'm having some trouble with this, can anyone explain in a noob-friendly way how to set up the emu? I have a 1.5 PSP, but when I tried to load a ROM, it said something about a INIT something or other file was missing...?

vincesecuricor2005
November 7th, 2005, 14:55
i can get metal slug 2 workin but wen i zip it up it wont work no more heeeeeelp?

Lomius
November 14th, 2005, 15:18
I am having sound problems. I know this is gonna sound weird but I tested it 3 times and produced the exact results. For some reason when I play Aero Fighters 3 i get no sound but I get Music. Then if I try to play another game Last Blade 2 I get no Music but I get sound effects. Then if I load up Crossed Swords 2 I get SE and Music.

So then I go back to playing Last Blade 2 and I get full SE and Music again.

I check my game/emulation/menu options and everything is enabled. I have all the MP3 files correctly sequenced and in an NEOCD.MP3 folder within each game folder (I know how to read instructions LOL) I have gotten most games to work. But since I placed these 3 on the card I have been having these sound problems. (Same thing happens with Aero Fighters 2 except I havent gotten sound or music at all with that one).

Anyone else having similar issues. And yes btw I have reformatted and reinstalled NEOCDPSP 3 times just to check. And I am running V1.5.

Thanks,
JLomius

HepburnFan
November 23rd, 2005, 02:52

That is my question, too. Anyone knows about this?

brainpan
November 23rd, 2005, 05:18
I keep getting and error saying "Cannot locate IPL.txt"
Any help?

Jdemon
November 23rd, 2005, 19:12
The "IPL.TXT" must be missing from your games directory.

I'm just starting to use this emu can anyone tell me if the STARTUP.BIN
,loading.bmp and logo.bmp are available in the earlier versions of the emu? Or can I even make my own at least for the bmps?

starxpy
November 30th, 2005, 23:31
To all - This is my first post on the forum and would like to ask for advice if anyone knows a fix.

I'm having problems with music in games in that I don't have any. Everything else works a treat -sound effects etc. Any ideas. The mp3s are in a folder neocd.mp3 as the readme instructs.

I only have these games and there is no music in all.

Metal Slug 1 + 2,
Ghost Pilot

I'm running 2.0 Firmware with fanjita 0.8.5 Eboot loader and Smiths NeoCDPSP 0.5

Any clues??

starxpy
November 30th, 2005, 23:33
sorry posted twice

indstr
December 5th, 2005, 16:45

That is my question, too. Anyone knows about this?

i am still wondering this too. does anybody know??

Festizzio
December 6th, 2005, 00:26
i am still wondering this too. does anybody know??
I don't think so. I was reading about the original Neo Geo system, and it said that the system had no ram, but all the ram was built right in to the cartridges themselves, making the system very hard to emulate. Plus, this emulates Neo Geo CD, not Neo Geo.

chr!s?
December 7th, 2005, 04:37
Hi guys, i see there is a lot of questions for this emulator but some people have it working, so i must have somthing wrong. It tells me somthing is wrong with neocd.bin.
Im not sure wahts going on and have been searching and trying to fix this for hours.If any one could help would be great, thanks.
*edit*
fixed the bios problem, now i have the problem the others are having with the .txt :(

akdmksjeanius
December 7th, 2005, 04:48
hey this is my first post, but i am sure this is around here somewhere with the neo cd you have to first make a folder for the game and unzip the game in the folder then inside that folder make another folder called neocd.mp3 then take all the mp3 tracks and cut them in the neocd.mp3 folder and then the game should run.

jwilds73
December 8th, 2005, 04:27
No you cant run normal Neo Geo Cartrige based Roms only the CD ones. I believe this has something to do with the way memory was handled on the cartrige based games. You need to use Google to find out the information on your bios files etc. Also most if not all games respond horribly if they are not uncompressed. Running a compressed zip file of your roms will cause astronomically long load times. Each rom should be uncompressed in its own folder on your PSP. Again do not run zipped roms also if they are zipped they can not be zipped inside of a folder or they will not be recognized (hence the ipx.txt or whichever error). You would have to select all the CD's files and make a single zip file out of them (again not zipped in a folder but all files selected individually then made into one zip file). However as I stated the load times will be horrible and unplayabe in 99.9% of games.

chr!s?
December 8th, 2005, 04:59
About the IPL.TXT error, i found out if u extract the iso, and dont have it zipped either, ther is no longer an error. So instead of having an iso (im my case) in your "metalslug" folder, you have everything the iso contained. So its: psp>game>neocdpsp>roms>, and in there is: "metalslug"-(folder with extracted iso) and "neocd.mp3". I did that and it works great ^^ hope i helped som1 as confused as I was lol

Festizzio
December 8th, 2005, 06:12
No you cant run normal Neo Geo Cartrige based Roms only the CD ones. I believe this has something to do with the way memory was handled on the cartrige based games. You need to use Google to find out the information on your bios files etc. Also most if not all games respond horribly if they are not uncompressed. Running a compressed zip file of your roms will cause astronomically long load times. Each rom should be uncompressed in its own folder on your PSP. Again do not run zipped roms also if they are zipped they can not be zipped inside of a folder or they will not be recognized (hence the ipx.txt or whichever error). You would have to select all the CD's files and make a single zip file out of them (again not zipped in a folder but all files selected individually then made into one zip file). However as I stated the load times will be horrible and unplayabe in 99.9% of games.

I don't know about that. My Metal Slug 2 game is zipped, and it runs great. The loading times are slightly longer than in the arcade; it certainly isn't unplayable.

jwilds73
December 8th, 2005, 20:02
Metal Slug and smaller games like Windjammers, Bubble Bobble or Neo Geo Turf Masters responded reasonably well to being zipped. However other games were truly horrible such as Last Blade 1 and 2 etc. Only a few of the games are playable in zipped format most seem to suffer from to long of load times.