PDA

View Full Version : What is your Favorite Final Fantasy Game

Buddy4point0
December 31st, 2007, 18:36
http://www.ffnet.org/images/ff9-logo.jpg
I most deffinantly like 9. I totally got into the storyline and it was extreamly in-depth and awsome.

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2007, 18:40
1) Final Fantasy XI

Sonicboy 101
December 31st, 2007, 18:45
FFX.
No doubt about it.

Buddy4point0
December 31st, 2007, 18:49
I've never played any of them on the ps2 so me saying my favorate was IX is only compairing to 9 and below, the ps1 ones.

ICE
December 31st, 2007, 19:03
Theres no option for "I find them all boring" ...

Buddy4point0
December 31st, 2007, 19:11

Because there is no way that you can have played them and find them boring.
you gotta get into the story man, they are really in depth. if you've never played any i would suggest starting with Final Fantasy IX
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n234/emulatorworld/986341031-00.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n234/emulatorworld/986341151-00.jpg

kcajblue
January 1st, 2008, 03:36
i never finished 9 but i did like it.

it was one that i really liked.

i dont really have a favorite, but i do favor a couple out of all of them.

the ones i like are:

FFII/IV (the one with cecil)
FFVII
FFIX
FFX

EDIT: i forgot to add 10. lol.

Shadowblind
January 1st, 2008, 04:08
FFIX is the only Final Fantasy to ever even moderately hold my attention. Its the best Final Fantasy byfar.

P.S. They should change FFVII name to Fantasy VII. Its not even NEAR final anymore.

Junixx
January 1st, 2008, 05:04
I never really played any final Fantast past VIII, but I liked 7, 8, and 5 (which 5 I chose on the poll)

(P.S - Favorite is spelled wrong on thread title)

kcajblue
January 1st, 2008, 05:26
you should play 10.
its pretty good.
the only thing reason not to get 10 is to not hear tidus's voice.

Zin0099
January 1st, 2008, 07:32
i would like to say i liked the ff7 series
played
-ff1
-ff2
-ff3
-ff4
-ff5
-ff6
-ff7
ccff7 jap
doC ff7
ff7 ac
-ff8
-ff9
-ff10
-ff10-2
-ff12
-ffl 1-3
-ff mq
-ff s w/in
-fft ta

WhizzBang
January 1st, 2008, 10:33
FFVII is my favourate because it was the first one I played. It has a good story and is an excellent introduction to FF games.

FFXII would be my next favourate. I liked FFIX a lot too but thought the last disc was a bit unnecessary.

Malksta
January 1st, 2008, 18:42
FFVIII, just love everythin' about it.
FFX would be second and VII would be third.

Buddy4point0
January 1st, 2008, 19:38
The Final Fantasy series unleashed an enthralling saga of epic proportions with Final Fantasy IX. Enter a tale of an evil queen's quest for world domination and join a group of young bandits who will do anything to stop her. The reigning ruler of RPGs returns with a storyline full of twists and turns and populated by your favorite magical beings and monsters. Do not delay and order the next chapter today!

Final Fantasy IX is a story about an evil queen's desire to gain world domination, and a group of bandits that try to stop her. Brahne, the queen of Alexandria, is using highly advanced magical weapons to menace neighboring kingdoms. Dispatched by the king of a threatened nation, an intrepid group of bandits sets out to stop the queen from achieving her goal of world domination, only to find that she is merely the cover for a far more sinister plot. A powerful sorcerer named Kuja is the one responsible for supplying Brahne with the magical weapons. What are his goals? Why did he join forces with Brahne? Where do his weapons come from? For the sake of mankind, the answers must be uncovered before Kuja can execute his plan for world destruction.

A gripping storyline, unforgettable cast, unparalleled graphics - sounds like the blueprint for yet another Final Fantasy. Following in the decade-long tradition of the series, Final Fantasy IX debuted with a brand new story and cast. This time however, a request from the fans to return the series to its roots yielded a title that is distinctly different from its recent predecessors. Unlike many other game franchises, Final Fantasy s a constantly evolving series. While no two titles are ever alike, players can be sure that the latest one benefits from what was learned from developing its predecessor. As the last Final Fantasy to appear on the PlayStation, Final Fantasy IX is the heir to over ten years of game development. The result of drawing upon this much experience and history, is a title that blends both the successful elements of the past such as a return to the fantasy roots, with the innovations of the future, such as high quality computer graphics.

parkermauney
January 1st, 2008, 23:59

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you.
Everyone on dcemu seems to be apeshit-crazy about them, but I never could get into one.

ninja9393
January 2nd, 2008, 00:22
i liked III for the ds but other than that not a huge FF fan

Cap'n 1time
January 2nd, 2008, 04:16
I liked II, the rest of them sucked and I fail to see why people like them at all.

kcajblue
January 2nd, 2008, 08:28
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you.
Everyone on dcemu seems to be apeshit-crazy about them, but I never could get into one.i wouldnt say everyone is apeshit crazy over them.
but they do like them.

i know i like the final fantasy games, ive been playing them since i was little and have always liked them.
but ive never been crazy over one.

Shadowblind
January 2nd, 2008, 08:53
I liked II, the rest of them sucked and I fail to see why people like them at all.

Thank you second shadowprophet. Finally another gets the guts to speak the truth.

If you want an RPG with 4x better story and battle system play Tales of the Abyss.

Buddy4point0
January 2nd, 2008, 17:35

really? 2 had like no story line at all.
unlike 9 that had a crazy amazing in-depth awsome story. 2, no.
the characters didn't have their own personalitys, there wasn't even a real story. it was like "you 4 guys are special, your town is getting attacked, do something"

Gold Line
January 2nd, 2008, 18:09
I have 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 10-2 but FF9 is my favorite. I really like 6 and 7 but 9 had the best charters, best battle system and a very long, confusing, awesome story. I will always remember FF9 because of ozma, he was the hardest boss i'v ever seen it took me months to beat him. And lets not forget the best final fantasy charter of all time Beatrix.

Thank you second shadowprophet. Finally another gets the guts to speak the truth.

If you want an RPG with 4x better story and battle system play Tales of the Abyss.

Tales of Symphonia >> Tales of the abyss ;)

Buddy4point0
January 2nd, 2008, 19:06
I have 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 10-2 but FF9 is my favorite. I really like 6 and 7 but 9 had the best charters, best battle system and a very long, confusing, awesome story. I will always remember FF9 because of ozma, he was the hardest boss i'v ever seen it took me months to beat him. And lets not forget the best final fantasy charter of all time Beatrix.

Tales of Symphonia >> Tales of the abyss ;)

yay! yes it was an awsome very long story!
im so glad alot of people like ff9! its the best!

M!ckeY
January 3rd, 2008, 09:04
I can't really choose...due to that fact that I haven't beaten a single one.

quzar
January 3rd, 2008, 09:25
really? 2 had like no story line at all.
unlike 9 that had a crazy amazing in-depth awsome story. 2, no.
the characters didn't have their own personalitys, there wasn't even a real story. it was like "you 4 guys are special, your town is getting attacked, do something"

He means 4. American 2. This game had a great story.

Also, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, which is part of the series, and one of my favorites, was left out of the list.

Note 2: The 4 original GB FF games: Legends 1-3 and Adventure only have the same name, so they, unlike Mystic Quest, shouldn't be included (have all 4, wonderful games).

souLLy
January 3rd, 2008, 12:55
Mystic Quest is the only Final Fantasy I've ever got into and liked, I particularly didn't enjoy the 32bit upwards versions, all cut-scene no gameplay. So another vote for Mystic Quest from me then. :p

Buddy4point0
January 3rd, 2008, 17:57
well i can't edit the poll but if either of you wanted to add mistic quest on there and put your 2 votes up that would be cool

BlueCrab
January 3rd, 2008, 19:23
well i can't edit the poll but if either of you wanted to add mistic quest on there and put your 2 votes up that would be cool

Its added, with the two votes.