PDA

View Full Version : FreeRadio Version 1.3, 12/31/2007

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 00:17
News/release from Freeplay:

FreePlay presents FreeRadio - a completely serverless radio player portal for firmware 3.80 (and above?)

Version 1.0, 12/30/2007

Features:
Shoutcast playback
Streaming MP3/AAC playback
Podcast browsing/playback
Remote playlist streaming
Web browsing
Links to both official Sony radio players
Customizable lists of Shoutcast stations, podcasts, and raw audio streams
To install, just do what the folder name tells you to do The files go into the root of your PSP, a.k.a. MS_ROOT, ms0:/, X:\, etc.

To run, go to the Internet Radio icon and pick FreeRadio from the list.

To customize the list of Shoutcast stations, podcasts, or raw streams, look in the 'radio\personalize' folder. 'MyShoutcast.js', 'MyPodcasts.js', and 'MyStreams.js' contain the lists of Shoutcast stations, podcasts, and raw streams displayed in the portal, as well as instructions for adding your own stuff.

Enjoy!

BTW: There are no graphics here, folks. I'm no graphic designer. BUT: If you want to contribute your own graphics, feel free to toss them by me I'm certainly not averse to making this look pretty.

Version 1.1

Changelog from 1.0:
Per suggestion from Torch, the player no longer stops playing when you switch between sections of the portal.
(Unmentioned in previous version...) You can toggle radio muting by pressing the Start button.

Version 1.2,

Changelog from 1.1:
Added a few graphics to [try to] make it more attractive
Fixed support for rendering HTML properly in RSS feeds
Added a 'clone tab' feature
Added support for another type of RSS feed thumbnail
Added a few more default RSS feeds and podcasts
Added support for separators (e.g. group headers) in the Shoutcast station, RSS feed, and audio stream lists

Version 1.3,

Changelog from 1.2:
Various podcast player bugfixes and RSS reader compatibility tweaks

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via freeplay (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1926256&postcount=12)