PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL++ Source Codes

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 00:32
DaveX gave a present to all developers interested in taking Snes emulation on the PSP Further:

Hi everybody!

By Chilly Willy advice, I have decided to publish the full source code of the different Ruka's versions of Snes9xTYL++ which I have.

When I was working in the autofire and quicksave features for Snes9xTYL++, I just thinked that I only need to replace the files in the original Snes9xTYL source code with the ones provided in the diffs that Ruka published in his website.

I was wrong. If you do such a thing, you'll get something that it's not compilable. I don't know if it was intentionally, but not all modified files were published in their respective diff version.

What I did then, was to check for those unpublished files and modified them accordingly to get a fully compilable version.

The latest one version which I was able to rebuild is version 26. I know it's not the latest one, but when I have a more recent version, I will publish it.

Greets,
Davex

Snes9xTYL++ Version 26 (3439 KB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/80245510/s9xTYL-0.4.2srcRukaV26.zip.html

Snes9xTYL++ Version 23 (3440 KB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/80246908/s9xTYL-0.4.2srcRukaV23.zip.html

Snes9xTYL++ Version 18 (3445 KB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/80246263/s9xTYL-0.4.2srcRukaV18.zip.html

DarthPaul
January 1st, 2008, 01:04
Great!

I hope someone takes this and make the SNES Emulation 100% for good. I also hope to don't see a lot of crappy unofficial versions...

Veskgar
January 1st, 2008, 19:15
I am always hoping for the continuation of SNES emulation on the PSP. This is good news I'm sure.

insurgentstain
January 2nd, 2008, 00:46
This is awesome news. I hope someone could use this for a killer ruka emulator for the slim!

starogre
January 2nd, 2008, 03:26
super! hopefully someone is smart enough to get mario rpg running faster, along with kirby superstar, starfox, stunt race fx, mario kart, yoshi's island, and donkey kong. er basically all the pseudo 3d/amazing graphics games...cus those use some weird seperate engine things.

good luck to whoever attempts it!

havoc_012
January 2nd, 2008, 07:01
Source code is always nice.

DanTheManMS
January 6th, 2008, 22:47
super! hopefully someone is smart enough to get mario rpg running faster, along with kirby superstar, starfox, stunt race fx, mario kart, yoshi's island, and donkey kong. er basically all the pseudo 3d/amazing graphics games...cus those use some weird seperate engine things.

good luck to whoever attempts it!

I've speedhacked SMRPG to get it to run faster, speedhacked Starfox and Yoshi's Island but it did nothing, while Mario Kart should already be speedhacked, and I'll be looking into Kirby Superstar soon. Go to http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=47628#47628 and copy the relevant codes into your snesadvance.dat file (open in Notepad and turn off Word Wrap).

The DKC series uses an instruction that automatically stops the CPU and continues to the next frame once all the work in a frame is done, so these games cannot be speedhacked.

Hope it helps.

SpacemanSpiff
January 6th, 2008, 23:02
DKC runs full speed already. Just go into hack/debug menu and turn on ignore palette writes.

kharaboudjan
January 6th, 2008, 23:21
well, it sure does run at fullspeed. but whats the point if the background is black instead of what it should be?

its useless imo!

SpacemanSpiff
January 7th, 2008, 00:12
? It doesn't cause the background to become black. That would happen if you turned the background layers off. I don't notice any difference in the graphical output with ignore pallette writes turned off.
EDIT: I stand corrected, it causes some of the lighting effects to turn off. But that hardly makes the game unplayable.

Eviltaco64
January 7th, 2008, 00:29
Is SNES9x TYL compatible with the Satellaview(i dont know if i spelled that right)?

Haisook
January 8th, 2008, 22:16
I just wish some talented developer remove those annoying numbers in the top left corner of the screen in Ruka's version.

phoenix_flame
January 10th, 2008, 12:52
does anyone have a tutorial or anything to put the emu on a psp because i just got mine on 3.71 m33-4 firmare but im afraid to try putting anything on it without a tutorial

No_one_in_particular
January 11th, 2008, 13:27
These are source codes, try searching the forums for "Snes9xTYL++", you'll find the actual release with which will most likely included a readme.txt. It'll probably just tell you to put the folder in GAME, and if you do you can't really go wrong. Then just launch it as you would any other homebrew via the GAME>Memory Stick option.

Haisook
January 29th, 2008, 11:28
Has anybody managed to take the small numbers out yet?

djbrotherson
January 29th, 2008, 13:35
Has anybody managed to take the small numbers out yet?

Where have you been buddy? lol yea there' a new release

get it here

http://dl.qj.net/uo_snes9x-test-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/15513/catid/135

oops i dunno if thats the one you lookin for but i like it, it works perfect