PDA

View Full Version : Portable VNC v1.2.7 (minor bug fix)

zx-81
January 1st, 2008, 11:29
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspvnc-snap-v1.2.5.jpg

First of all,

I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Here is a new release of Portable VNC for Custom FW 3.x and FW 1.5.

For those for haven't seen previous versions, VNC let you access
to your PC desktop from anywhere using a wifi connection.

What's new in version 1.2.7 :

+ Fix issue with fw3x (not enough heap memory)
+ Fix issue with irkeyboard (linked with latest version)

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker (author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library),
and the Virtual keyboard is based on the Danzel code.

PSPVNC has been written by NHD from TeamXos, and it's based on the PalmOS VNC client.

It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided. You can download it on my blog : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
January 1st, 2008, 13:58
Happy New Year to you!!

And thanks for this!

sroon
January 1st, 2008, 17:22
Hey Zx:) thank you for the update!
its about time i tried this so im giving it a try now.
Zx your the man bro.
nice hearin from you again.
(O )( O);)
btw i still like boobs

zx-81
January 1st, 2008, 18:14
(O )( O);)
btw i still like boobs

so do i (.)(.)

DarthPaul
January 2nd, 2008, 00:22
Same here guys.. same here.

PSP-1412
January 2nd, 2008, 01:13
i can never get this program to work when i start it it juss say stoping netlib and cut off

edit: ok so i guess that was the bug this one work

blaz3d
January 2nd, 2008, 01:17
nice to see an update, noticed the last one didnt work in 3.71 this one does! thanks

shorty_carnage
January 2nd, 2008, 23:45
please someone edit that big pink header because it is so wrong

"i wish you AN happy new year"

it should say

"I wish you all a happy new year"

zx-81
January 3rd, 2008, 07:50
done, sorry i'm not english nor american.

tigerjk1410
January 3rd, 2008, 22:39
i was just wondering if i could get some help with the actual use of the program once i'm all connected with the host. what settings for the mouse is best if i want to slow things down a bit? with the default settings the mouse moves way too quickly to be able to select anything. also is there a certain button i have to press in order to double-click? because pressing X twice doesn't seem to do anything. thanks for the help.

tg71
January 17th, 2008, 06:31
Self confessed newb here, so please bear with me and the long post.

I'm running 3.52M33.
I downloaded pspvnc-v1.2.7-fw3x.zip.
I created the folder 'pspvnc' in the 'GAME352' folder.
I extracted the files in the pspsvnc heirarchy (creating the keymap and graphics folders in the process).
I have RealVNC server V4 running on my laptop on the default port.
It (RealVNC v4) accepts connections from other laptops on my wireless network.
The PSP connects to my wireless network.
When I start pspvnc from the XMB, I am asked for the network connection. I select my wireless network, and it connects.
I am now told "PortableVNC : 0 Hosts Loaded" with the New Host icon highlighted.
I select the New Host, and enter the details: 192.168.xxx.xxx:5900 (masked the IP, and 5900 is the default VNC port)
I name the connection, and then....

It's still at "0 Hosts Loaded"

.. and that's my problem.

So I'm trying to work it out...
It appears to not be saving the hosts information, although examination of the memory stick shows that when I looked at and saved the options, they appear to be saved in the file "Options.dat"

zx-81
January 17th, 2008, 08:05
and if you try with the fw1.5 version and put it in game150 folder ?

tg71
January 17th, 2008, 08:48
Thank you for the quick response.
So I downloaded the 1.5 version, and copied the file structure into the GAME150 folder.
That just gave me 'corrupted data' icons.
I renamed the folders from '__SCE__pspvnc' to just 'pspvnc' which showed the correct icon and allowed me to start the app.
At the Network Connections prompt, I choose my network.
The "Wifi Connect" progress bar starts at 50% and then goes back the the Network Connections prompt.
Going back to the XMB, testing the Network Connection confirms that the connection is good.

BTW, I downloaded your port of the XRoar Dragon/CoCo emulator. Great job !

White_Hawk_UK
January 20th, 2008, 13:09
First of all, ZX81, many thanks for such a great volume of releases; it's been fantastic finding so much use for my oft neglected PSP.

I am having a little bit of a problem accessing my VNC server with Portable VNC running undr 3.71M33-4. I actually get as far as being asked for the password (suggesting IP/port and router forwarding are correctly configured) but it gives me the error "Authentication failed". The server runs the latest version of TightVNC, and is accessible from at least three tested PCs.

I'm afraid that I get the same error with the 1.5FW version, too.

If I remove the password from TightVNC, all seems to work as expected (better than expected, in fact), but I'd obviously prefer to be able to use a password.

Is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing?

zx-81
January 20th, 2008, 13:27
If it works with empty password, it should then work with a password. May be you can try with a very simple password, using only digits ?

White_Hawk_UK
January 20th, 2008, 13:48
Thanks for such an expedient response. Thank you - having changed the password to numerics only, all appears to be well! :)

It simply refuses to authenticate with anything but a numerical password, but I'm not bothered by that.

Might I add that I'm amazed by how well this works, by the way (of course, with credit due to NHD)? It's a work of brilliance. Thank you.

zx-81
January 20th, 2008, 13:52
thanks :), but my contribution to this homebrew is minor all credits remain to NHD from TeamXos and to authors of the PalmOS version.

White_Hawk_UK
January 21st, 2008, 13:23
Just a quick update:

I'm not sure if it's because I've re-booted/re-configured my test machine, or if I really was missing something obvious yesterday, but it seems that I can authenticate any password without issue now.

I have noticed that the VNC client starts-off rather quickly, but after a short period of time (especially after scrolling), mouse response becomes increasingly more sluggish. If I disconnect/reconnect, response returns to normal - is this a memory issue?

AdamRav
March 26th, 2008, 00:34
What are the best settings for tightvnc ???

i cant seem to run this properly

im on a 4mb connection so i doubt its because of my internet connection

White_Hawk_UK
March 28th, 2008, 14:09
Wow - where to start..?

First-off, though it likely has nothing to do with the speed of your connection, the up-stream is usually the same regardless of the down-stream; around 200-300kb/s, which is more than adequate.

This might give you an idea of what you need - this is how I have mine configured.

Having installed TightVNC on a computer, I fix the IP address of that machine, make sure that the machine's firewall allows traffic on the correct ports, reserve the IP address on my router, then configure NAPT (Network Address Port Translation) via my router to the IP address of the machine.

What you may be missing is the router configuration. You need to make sure that traffic on TightVNC's ports is directed to the IP address of the machine running it.

Depending upon your router, this could be pretty simple (it is very simple on my Netgear). It could also be troublesome.

Having done all this, I can direct the client on my PSP to my home's external IP address, enter my password, and Bob's your uncle (or at least, that was what mother used to call him when he came around while dad was at work)..! Hehe.

Please message me if I can give you more detailed instructions - I'd be happy to help. :)

AdamRav
April 4th, 2008, 13:30
Got another query

No mouse movements happen and and i can't see the mouse pointer

any ideas why ??

Thanks

RDemusX
April 4th, 2008, 17:14
Connection error.

What could be causing this error message to come up?

ConnectToTcpAddr:
cannot connect
Error: -1 / 116

I just found this little gem of a program and really want to use it. On the wireless connection I am using I have a WEP Key. Could that be a cause, and if so ... how would I get around it, short of taking the WEP key down.

Thanks

RDX

AdamRav
April 4th, 2008, 23:45
Got another query

No mouse movements happen and and i can't see the mouse pointer

any ideas why ??

Thanks

Anyone?

AdamRav
April 5th, 2008, 14:29
not to worry